Well im soon to be getting a cab and i was wondering, do you think its worth it to get a 2x12 instead of a 1x12 for 100$ more?

I ll mostly be using it at home. Weight/size does not matter because it'll always be in the same place. The main reason im thinking to go for it is for resale value though i dont think ill ever sell it and to be able to mix speakers.

Worht it? What do you think?
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
Are they the same kind of speakers? Same brand cab?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Tell us what cabs/speakers you're looking at. In my experience, a 1x12 sells as well as a 2x12. Also cheaper and easier to swap out the speaker in a 1x12.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I was looking at avatar cabs. I can either get a 1x12 with im thinking a greenback for 200. Or i can get 2x12 with a v30 and greenback for 300.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
Also, What Celestion Speaker would you suggest for an all around even tone and if possible a good low end?
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
I like the Greenback, but keep in mind that it's only rated for 25W. So it depends on what head you're pairing it up with. And if you pair it with a V30 in a 2x12 -even though the V30 is rated for 60W on it's own- the cab will only be rated for 50W, because the Greenback shouldn't be pushed beyond it's 25W limit. I believe the G12T75 is supposed to be like a higher rated Greenback.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
the head is only 20 watts (attenuatable down to 1) so thats not an issue. The problem is i dont know if the 2x12 is worth it for home levels, and what speaker to get.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
I'd go for the 1x12 w/the Greenback, then.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
I'd go for the 1x12 w/the Greenback, then.

Aggred. By the way, Slats, a G12T-75 sounds very little like a Greenback to me, although it was Celestian's intent for it to do so.
Quote by dzaerpoor
but why not the 2x12?

You don't need the second speaker for home use. There is no increase in resale value. There's no great magic in mixing speakers, but if you really needed to you could always get a second 1x12 down the road. If you're recording or ever gigging, you'll generally only mic up one of the speakers anyway. You save money by going smaller. If you ever want to upgrade the speakers, you only have to upgrade one.

Really, you offer no compelling reason to go for the 2x12.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.