Like my sig says I have a Hellraiser w/ the stock 81/85 EMGs. I was playing today and was noticing a fuzzier tone than I normally get. I messed around with the EQs on both my amp and pedals and I was still hearing it. So I moved to the pickups. I adjusted the height and after that it solved the problem, but took some of the bite out of the tone. So that led me to my question. How much distance is there supposed to be between the strings and pups?
I put about 2mm distance
My Stuff:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson straps
Dunlop straplok
Planet wave cables
Zoom multi effects
did you check the battery first?? or did it completely solved the problem?
ƒuck your nuts
Most people will tell you as little as possible without distortion, but a know a couple of people who like setting some pickups closer to the strings than others to get a higher gain tone. Personally, I would:
Play clean and listen for any distortion. If there is, back off a bit. If not, bring it closer until there is, then back it off 'till there just isn't.
Quote by meanppls7
did you check the battery first?? or did it completely solved the problem?

Well I just changed the battery about a month ago, so I don't think that's the problem. I got the fuzzy tone out, but I lost the bite out of the tone, so I'm trying to find the sweet spot I guess to get the fuzz out and retain the bite.