Has anyone played them? They look less gay than regular J-Basses. My Guitar Center doesn't have them so I can't play one but if anyone has any opinions on them compared to regular J-Basses, it would be appreciated.

EDIT: I can't stand pick plates. That is why they look gay.
TBK ||RIP
BBAS||RIP
50RR||RIP
AO|| RIP
WMW||RIP
SF||RIP
SMB||RIP
TS||RIP

HYW
Last edited by SomeGuyInJersey at Jun 8, 2008,
I played an aerodyne at a guitar shop before buying a fender jag bass. I must say it was a really fantastic bass, and set up perfectly for my style of playing. I don't really know what you mean by less gay than J basses, but the P/J pickup combo is nice. See if you can get a chance to try one.
They are very nice. feel pretty much the same as a jazz, but sound more sophisticated, like it'll put on some gloves before it boxes your teeth in.
But j-basses aren't gay, and if they were it wouldn't be a bad thing, DAMMUT! Learn tolerance!
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I'm actaully stuck between the aerodyne jazz am the pbass special. But I've heard so much good about the aerodyne. Definatly try it out, I loved it.
Governor of the Jersey Rocks group
PM me to join
Quote by Mecler
I have one, love it. I wish the neck was thicker though.

Agreed! A PBass neck on it would be ideal. It's quite versatile with its P-J PU
combination so it has replaced (temporarily) my PBass as my "go to" Bass.

Finger smudges = lots of use, love