I just wanted to ask why nearly every UG-Member says that gear ,guitars or amps at a low price range are **** and you shouldsave you r money till you have 800 bucks to buy a good guitar.
Maybe there are some kids that are still goin to school and just dont have the money , everytime i post a question in which i ask which of these ones should i buy , then everybody says :"save your money!"
THIS REALLY SUCKS.
i mean cant you also give tips at a low price range?.
I dont want to affect anybody in special just want that you let it go through your head.

Discuss
Cool.
Quote by I Be Andyy
And to you two up there, Combos are bannable now, you may want to stop.

Pfft, I didn't tell him to have the same post as me.
Last edited by Doppelgänger at Jun 7, 2008,
Why buy something terrible when you could save up a little bit more to get something that's not terrible?...Think about it, it isn't that difficult of a concept to grasp.

And to you two up there, Combos are bannable now, you may want to stop.
My Gear:
Yamaha FGX720SCA
What you say is true. Fortunetaly, I bought all my "crap" before I used UG. As long as you're happy with what you have, don't worry about them.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Agreed.

I made a group about this but no-one joined.

YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
idsay, save your money

but on a serious note: it depends on what your looking for, how well you play, what style you play etc...

if you wanna go cheap, buy a keytone guitar.
Quote by cryzhadry
Maybe there are some kids that are still goin to school and just dont have the money

Yes, if you count over 90% of the UG populous as "maybe".
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Shut up, stop whining, and do what you want. UG isnt your personal suggestion box, if you dont like what they say, you dont have to listen to them.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Why buy something terrible when you could save up a little bit more to get something that's not terrible?...Think about it, it isn't that difficult of a concept to grasp.

but as i said: not everyone can save money that easy beacause they're still going to scholl for example (like me).
And i'd rather like to have a bad multi effect in a month than to wait for 2 years to get a smei professional.
But, but, but, the mad face on the thread title scares me. Now I don't wanna wreaad.
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
I've got a strat and a tiny Fender amp, so while not great equipment (well I dunno how is a strat compared to other guitars?) it works for me as a beginner.

Like the other guy said, just go try out things in your price ranger, and see what you like. If you can't find anything go a little more expensive, and save up until you can afford that.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by cryzhadry
but as i said: not everyone can save money that easy beacause they're still going to scholl for example (like me).
And i'd rather like to have a bad multi effect in a month than to wait for 2 years to get a smei professional.

Okay.....now whats the problem? If you dont want to hear what UG has to say, and most of the time we are right, you dont have to. Its your money, not ours.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

its just a fact that good hardware costs more as it has a reputation/better build quality.

If your just a kid its understandable to just buy whats in your price range. But its cheaper overall to buy 1 good guitar than 2-3 average ones.
Quote by Doppelgänger
Cool.

Pfft, I didn't tell him to have the same post as me.

You still posted something with no relevance to the topic.
My Gear:
Yamaha FGX720SCA
Here's an idea:

There's a thread that's stickied in the beginner forum where you can post such questions. A regulated, templated thread where all the newbies can ask "Is the MG good or what else for <$50" without getting chewed out by all the regulars in GC&A.

Go to this Utopia of UG, where newbies are exalted beyond their wildest dreams!
Fly! Fly!

That said, I'm the only person that bothers replaying, so Bwahahahahahahah!