Hello all!

First of all, great forum!

I am after some help, I have the new Slash epi, and at the moment a little vox valvetronix 30w amp which i want to replace. Now, im not in a band, just enjoy playing at home, but i want to replicate as much as possible Slash's sound from the appitite era. Now i know that the amp he used was the fabled #39 (or#38 cant remember!) which was a special by caswell and all that, so ive done my research!, but i wanna go valve, but not sure what to get. Price is a big issue so it will be 2nd hand, but do i go jcm 800,900, 2000 or what? is it right you can only really get the correct sounf from these amps when they are cranked up full bore? i know i can use a power gate.

Basically, what would be the best head to go for for that deep blusey tone, along with beautiful crunch?

any ideas more than welcomed, thanks again.

dan
go with a valveking combo or something, u cant play a gigantonormous marshall at home levels and still get a great sound
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Well I would either delete this thread and make a new one in the instruments forum(probably guitar gear & accesories) or wait for a mod move it, because the New Member Forum is for questions about the site, not guitar-related questions.

And on topic: I don't know alot about amps...sorry.
*moved*
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
go with the 900 if u cant afford one atm marshall 30 watts can get pretty close to the 900 sound, jcm 900 ftw
Look and sound, I'd say get a blackheart head and a microstack for speakers and looks.
Tube drive, mod it if you wanna gte closer, and the whole package is about 1500 cheaper than a full size tube marshall stack.
Better for practice, mic it at gigs.
Thanks for comments, but i have already bought a used 1985 marshall Jcm800 100w combo, and it rocks!