ok well i plugged my amp up with my guitar nd i turned it on nd some screeching sound kept going. idk weather its the cables or the batteries on my emg's is dying. wat do u all think?
This happens to me all the time on every amp I use and every guitar I use, I think it's normal... That or the gear I've been using is ****. Probably just interferance from a TV or computer or something.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
dammit i think its my distortion pedal. it sound fine clean but wen i turn the pedal on the screeching happens. i also tried just one cable at a time with the amp nd the guitar alone nd no screeching.
a digitech death metal distortion pedal nd a ibanez amp. its one of those beginner amps. i think its the pedal cuz i plugged the pedal nd guitar up to my computer to record nd the same screeching comes out of there. good thing the pedal isnt mine lol.
Quote by Mgllpz09
a digitech death metal distortion pedal nd a ibanez amp. its one of those beginner amps. i think its the pedal cuz i plugged the pedal nd guitar up to my computer to record nd the same screeching comes out of there. good thing the pedal isnt mine lol.

Yeah, well if the pedal is the problem, try turning the gain down, but I'd suggest not using it.
i tried everything with the pedal but nothing made the sound go away. ill just give the guy back his pedal nd buy me my marshall half stack nd get my distortion from there
Quote by Mgllpz09
i tried everything with the pedal but nothing made the sound go away. ill just give the guy back his pedal nd buy me my marshall half stack nd get my distortion from there

Well don't get an MG, don't make the mistake of buying it because its a stack and Marshall, you probably won't need the volume, and if its an MG then it wont sound good. What music do you play and whats your budget?
you playing near flourescent lights? computers? tv's? radios? bad cable maybe. bad outlet. i mean one osme outlets the amp is really noisy but at my home its pretty quiet.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
this summer i probably will get gigs once i get a band together cuz i no a guy that has the hook ups nd stuff. shuld i no get it cuz its too big nd loud? or cuz it sux?
Quote by Mgllpz09
this summer i probably will get gigs once i get a band together cuz i no a guy that has the hook ups nd stuff. shuld i no get it cuz its too big nd loud? or cuz it sux?

Well you probably won't need the volume,but it also you won't want it at any volume. Its appalling. For $600 you could get a decent valve combo, try a Valveking http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp-104003397-i1145634.gc or look into Bugera amps, I don't have any experience with them though.
hmmm i want an amp that i can get some distortion rite out of it. will i b bale to do that with the peavey?
Quote by Mgllpz09
hmmm i want an amp that i can get some distortion rite out of it. will i b bale to do that with the peavey?

You can get some high gain on it, but you may want to further kick it into distortion, but with a decent distortion pedal, like a Fulltone OCD or a Blackstar Distx (I have one of these, its brilliant)
Quote by minibrowny
Well you probably won't need the volume,but it also you won't want it at any volume. Its appalling. For $600 you could get a decent valve combo, try a Valveking http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp-104003397-i1145634.gc or look into Bugera amps, I don't have any experience with them though.

Would that same Peavey be better than my Vox AD30VTXL or Stage 1000?
Guitars:
Schecter C-1+ Black Cherry FMT
2008 American Standard Stratocaster Candy Cola

AMPS:
Fender G-DEC
Fender Dyna-touch III Stage 1000
Vox Valvetronix XL AD30VTXL

Pedals:
DOD Supradistortion FX-55B (w/ Boost)
Quote by SovietSpartan
Would that same Peavey be better than my Vox AD30VTXL or Stage 1000?

I'm afraid I can't really help, I haven't really tried either of them out enough to be able to compare them.