so one of my friends and i we're talking the other day. we we're listening to some satriani in his car just chillin, driving... and i came to the realization... who would want to see this live?? like.... who would go to watch some guy show off how good of a guitarist he is? wheres the show??? personally i think i could go to a justin timberlake show and have a better time... when you go to see vai, satriani, petrucci live to they make any effort to give you something to watch or do they just hump their guitar and sweep pick?...... would you want to go to a solo guitarists show?
YES!!!!! Guitar is so much better!!!!!!

Quote by whosamerica
personally i think i could go to a justin timberlake show and have a better time...

You just proved to everyone your gay
nope. in fact, i kinda hate guitar solos. i find them for the most part to be long, unneeded and boring.

/flameshield
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
i agree and disagree, TS. i love solos, but going to something like G3 where there are no vox, etc. just wouldn't really be my thing.

And I'd rather see Eric Johnson than Satch, and definitely more than Vai.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
No.

Quote by pbuddyjman
YES!!!!! Guitar is so much better!!!!!!

You just proved to everyone your gay

Yeah, because he might have a good time seeing Justin Timberlake.
You're not brutal.

(click the smiley!)

but what makes it a performance? i go to shows to see guys on stage play a song, screw up here and there, forget the lyrics but still in the end scream "**** yeah!!!" and everyone cheers for no reason what so ever..... its just not a show to sit and watch a guy play his guitar.... to me.
I've never really thought of that, I'd go maybe if I didn't have to travel too, maybe in a really close town. I don't know if they put on much of a show though. I'd definately go to a Buckethead show though because he is entertaining.
I'd honestly get bored at a solo guitarist's show unless it was some guy doing a small acoustic set.

I'd much rather be at some hardcore show.
I go to get inspiration
Plus I love it when great guitarists play something live and everyone cheers and you just think to yourself ''I can do that''
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I'd call you a crazy Brit, but your username seems to quite assure your sanity.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Epic username of pure epicness

To: Jesus=ConArtist
Quote by kennyvspenny
i agree and disagree, TS. i love solos, but going to something like G3 where there are no vox, etc. just wouldn't really be my thing.

And I'd rather see Eric Johnson than Satch, and definitely more than Vai.

Same.
kill all humans
Eh, probably not. I mean, their stuff can be really interesting to listen to, but I just don't like instrumental music enough to pay to see it. It doesn't hold much entertainment value for me, even if the guitarist is a great performer himself.
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
not really cos its just soloing for the whole f-ing night
it really pisses me off when the guitarist in my band says he wants a 16 bar solo in f-ing every song
Quote by whosamerica
when you go to see vai, satriani, petrucci live to they make any effort to give you something to watch or do they just hump their guitar and sweep pick?...... would you want to go to a solo guitarists show?

satch? yes
Petrucci? no
Vai? hells yes
Gilbert? hells yes

satch, vai and gilbert all put on a show. Petrucci just stands there.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Jun 7, 2008,
Satch is definitely a talented guy, but I wouldn't want to see him live. I'd love to jam with him, but I'd imagine a show of his would be hella boring.
I'd rather stick to local band shows. They're a hell of a lot more fun, even if the bands do suck (in which case I become the "FREE BIRD" guy)
no, i cant. i can barely go to a show (unless it's metal and people are moshing) without getting bored and just wanting to play guitar myself.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lmao XxGloriousxX is a genius

Quote by Pinky19
You guys fail. Except for you Glorious. You win.

Once again.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would shoot them to death yes, but trying to aim for non-leathal, hoping they live.

which one is it Guitarfreak777?