so, im looking for an easy straightforward metal song for a 'gig' i have coming up in a couple of months. Ive been playing for 9 months only and, no, i can't play Fade to Black.

im really looking for Metallica, Megadeth stuff, not todays stuff like Opeth and Nile.

Any suggestions?
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Black Album is hard rock not metal. Try some Maiden. The Trooper and Run to the Hills are fairly simple songs and are very well known, party because of guitar hero.
enter sandman is easy.- metallica
welcome home-metallica
cowboys from hell-pantera
cant think of any

not into megadeth stuff much.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Wait, I just realized, you said no thrash metal. You know Metallica and Megadeth are the two biggest bands in that genre right?
Quote by Shabalaba
enter sandman, straight foreward metal / hard rock

the tab scares the s*** out of me but im gonan commit to it...thanks
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Quote by sopranoman1771
how 'bout black sabbath?

why not this?
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
Quote by CrzyGuitarist93
No Thrash Metal, but you're asking for Metallica and Megadeth?

WTFOMGZ?

I beat you to it.
symphony of destruction-megadeth
sad but true-metallica (sounds really cool, and is pretty easy)
number of the beast-maiden
paranoid-sabbath
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not
rhythm parts to creeping death by metallica are real easy, but fast. what can your band play as a whole, if you are not tight, especially on stuff like metallica, it wont be pretty.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
I have a harder time with Sad But True than with Creeping Death. I love playing CD and Seek And Destory, those are easy and fun. If your alternate picking is up to par, try Whiplash, thats the easiest song if you can alternate pick fast enough. Fuel would be good too, but that has some harder parts, and the drummer has to have SOME double bass chops. Or if you want to take the women's way out, do For Whom The Bell Tolls.
Main Gear:
guitars;
Gibson LPJ
Squire CLASSIC VIBE Stratocaster 60's
PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone Sheraton II

amps;
Bugera 1990, 6260
Egnater Tweaker
She Wolf by Megadeth. Easiest Megadeth song, was one of the first songs I've learned all the way through
Black Sabbath