What would i need to do with my stock VK 112 to make it get a good death or any kind of heavier metal tone?

What pedals would be good? I know i'll be recommended to swap the tubes and speaker, but what else would i need?

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by Ghold125
new tubes and speaker

DAMN IT GHOLD!

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
...that's all you would need. Unless you want MEGA BR00TALS!!!! then buy 5-6 od pedals
Quote by Ghold125
...that's all you would need. Unless you want MEGA BR00TALS!!!! then buy 5-6 od pedals

I know, i'm only playin', thanks though.

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
OD pedal, EQ pedal, V30, EMG's or other high output pickups, noise gate and you can get it about as brootal as lamb of god before it gets muddy. So death metal might be possible but its far from the best amp for it...

So its worth a try if you plan on buying all of that, if your not planing on buying all that it might be cheaper to buy a dedicated death metal amp...
Quote by Ghold125

uh...definitely not a good idea.
lol.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
OD pedal, EQ pedal, V30, EMG's or other high output pickups, noise gate and you can get it about as brootal as lamb of god before it gets muddy. So death metal might be possible but its far from the best amp for it...

So its worth a try if you plan on buying all of that, if your not planing on buying all that it might be cheaper to buy a dedicated death metal amp...

Would you recommend those things in that order?

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
An EQ in the effects loop realy tightens up the sound, and a GOOD (real tubescreamer or Jekyll and Hyde) OD in front should push it enough for what you want. It'll sound a lot better with a speaker and tube swap, but this should get you there. I actually think that a speaker change does more to clear up your tone than the tube swap.
Brad

Black Schecter Omen 6
Mitchell MD-100S Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112 with JJ's and V30
Roland Micro Cube
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ
*Soon to Come*
Jackson USA SL2H
Peavey 6505+
I'd get a decent EQ and add some 7-8 kHz to give the overdrive a bit of hiss and bite, and cut away some of the muddy low mid crap one gets with VKs.
Blanket rules for Valveking if you plan on t3h brootal:

speaker change (v30's)
tube change
OD pedal (Bad Monkey, OD808, TS9, I myself bought a DOD250 cause it was cheap)
EQ (MXR 6 or 10 band)