Ok well i have only been playing for about 2 yrs and a like 2 months. now i was just wondering if i am an advanced or behind player or right on the money. i have gotten compliments before. other guitar players telling me im really good for only 2 yrs. ill give you a gist of wat i can play. i can play bullet for my valentine stuff preatty easily usually. they arent to complicated. recently i hvae been working on as i lay dying and august burns red. as i lay dying isnt to bad most of there songs after practice i can learn there are some that are to complicated. um august burns red they are like half and half. like i can play alot of there songs but only like halfway through or something cuz then the breakdown are to complicated or to fast. i mean i can play like composure and redemption and barbarian and to late for roses and a few more others. but when it comes to like back burner i have alot of trouble with the beginning in that one.
Last edited by Tonoloc at Jun 7, 2008,
Sounds like you can play metal pretty well.
You should definitely try more things though.
I suggest learning Dust in the Wind, maybe even Classical Gas.
Don't use other people as measuring sticks. That's hands down the best way to frustrate yourself IMO.

People progress differently. Do what you enjoy and the rest will come.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by Garou1911
Don't use other people as measuring sticks. That's hands down the best way to frustrate yourself IMO.

People progress differently. Do what you enjoy and the rest will come.

That depends on who you use :P.

You're doing great for two years. I'veb een playing for two years, though I don't play metal so we can't really compare, but it sounds like you're doing great.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Quote by philipp122
That depends on who you use :P.

Regardless of whom you use.

If it's someone who isn't any good, you give yourself a false sense of accomplishment.

If it's someone tremendous, you set yourself up to fail because no matter how hard you practice, you'll never be [Jimi/Paige/Stevie/insertGuitarGodHere].

Play for yourself. Who cares what everyone else does
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Last edited by Garou1911 at Jun 7, 2008,
Quote by Garou1911
Regardless of whom you use.

If it's someone who isn't any good, you give yourself a false sense of accomplishment.

If it's someone tremendous, you set yourself up to fail because no matter how hard you practice, you'll never be [Jimi/Paige/Stevie/insertGuitarGodHere].

Play for yourself. Who cares what everyone else does

Yeah, good point there. I just love it when you're beter than someone who's been playing a lot longer than you; it makes you feel so accomplished lol. But yeah, playing for yourself is the best thing to do no matter what.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401