I was flipping through a friends iPod today and saw his own band on there. I figured it was to show people or listen to for improvement, but he said he listens to it because he likes it. I suppose there's nothing wrong with that, I just would feel vain listening to my own band.

Thoughts?
I don't know.. I do.. but I think if I toured all the time like pro bands did I would be so sick of hearing my ****..
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Yes, it's very weird.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
if you're writing music even you don't enjoy listening to, you're doing something wrong.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Well if you're not writing tunes that you think are worth listening to then you shouldn't have an album. I write my music for myself. If people like it, sweet, if they don't, I'm not bothered, wasn't written for them.
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
Yeah, I'd say it's weird, even if I can't come up with a reason.

I like listening to my own guitar playing, but wouldn't want to listen to something I recorded... go figure.
And I mean that in the best possible way.
I don't think so. If I had the means to record my band then I'd probably be my favorite band.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Nope. I find it more enjoyable to listen to my own stuff because I get the "Oh yeah, that was me " feeling.

Yes, I imagine myself in shades and everything.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
I do. My band is nice. So I listen.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
If you dont enjoy listening to what you write then there is a serious problem..i listen to my band(s) occasionally and i enjoy it