i got this from a friend for $25. 350 watts, through an 18.5 inch speaker. Thump. But I've never heard of Road amps before. Possibly one of those little, independent companies that happen to make decent amps?
"We are, each of us, angels with but one wing, and only by embracing one another may we fly."- Luciano de Crescenzo

Makes you feel good inside, don't it?
For $25, 350 watts, and an 18.5" speaker is ****ing incredible. Unless it is of Behringer quality. Serously, that thing must get some serious thump, though without a tweeter (as I can see) the sound is probably unbalanced.
Between that and that Les Paul bass you must get some serious old school tone. Now all you need are a good set of flats!
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
You got yourself an AMAZING deal there. Road used to manufacture high-end solid state amps back in the 70's I believe. They were then taken over by Rickenbacker and the quality of the amps dropped. The guy who designed the Road amps also designed the old Kustom amps.

That amp is worth many times more than what you paid for it, they're very very rare and supposedly fantastic amps!
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Actually, I run the bass through a Digitech BP80, so the tone isn't really that old school. The sound does run a little bass-heavy, but I have EQ on aforementioned pedal, so I can fix that. Also, if I bi-amp with my little Rogue thing, it lets the highs come out easier. I'm so happy I got a good amp. The only problem is that the plug end of the power cord is missing. I got a thing from Lowe's, but it's made for two prong plugs, so there's no ground, which causes the amp to make terrible, terrible noises. But, I'm gonna splice a new plug on to the end. Any reason that that might not work? I'd like to know beforehand. But, yeah, it is, in fact teh sex.
"We are, each of us, angels with but one wing, and only by embracing one another may we fly."- Luciano de Crescenzo

If there's no earth pin on the plug then chances are there will be no earth wire in the cable, try and get yourself a plug that is designed as a 3-pin.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Yeah, well, there is a ground wire in the cable. The amp's original power cable, which is not removable from the amp (way to go 1980s) has three wires: a black one, a white one, and a green one which I assume is the ground. The plug I'm going to splice onto it has three wires of the same colors and general layout. I'm assuming I just connect like-colored wires, insulating each, of course. I did this same "repair" on another amp, and didn't separate the wires, and when i plugged it in, the wires touched, and kind of shocked me into unconciousness. It SUCKED. But, yeah, I would do it tonight, but I have no electrical tape to insulate the wires with. But I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna **** it up doing it that way. At least, logically, it'll work.