I recently played my SS 250watt Fender 212 at max volume, I did not like the sound, I use a line 6 uber metal distortion pedal which is GREAT, but the tone seems to crap out at higher volumes. I was wondering what would a SS 250watt Fender 212 would go for and does anyone know some no-to-expensive/reliable tube amps ( at least 100 watts). Any kind of input is appreciated, I just would like some help.

PS- I already tried cumming blood and they just kicked me out of the store. (sorry jokesters beat you to it.)

Thanks again for any help.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
Quote by Ghold125
do you need 100watts!!!!!?????? you can kill your self with that much

Yeah, I really do...I actually found some Orange amp dealers in my town, should I go for those?
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Your not asking for song names, nobody's going to say I Cum Blood.
And a 100 watt tube amp is senseless. You'll have to blow down your walls before you get any saturation in your tone.

Get a 50-watt Peavey Valveking.

EDIT: I don't think you know much about tube amps if you think you really need 100 watts.
you dont need 100 watts mate. not tryin 2 belittle ya or anythin, but i doubt your playing a stadium.
Yeah man, you dont need it!!! Its always fun to have one that loud though. I just got a 120 watt head today, and I cant turn it past 2 without my house shaking. So yeah, you dont need it at all, and you especially wont get a good 100 watt tube amp for trading in a solid state combo. Check out the B-52 AT-112, or a Peavey XXX combo. They are always a good bet, and be sure to check used as well.
I usually blast my 250, but if you guys insist I will take your word for it. I am using a SS and I thought if I just halved the wattage from SS to tube it would level out. And yes, I do know differences between a SS and tube, which is why I am switching. I do not want my amps tone to crap out on me whilst I am jamming at high volume, this has lead me to think about purchasing a tube amp. I know with tube amps you can get higher frequencies and it makes it sound louder than a SS. I was also browsing a store nearby, they have a 35 watt Orange amp, should I snatch it up?

Also I was not sure if there were any pit monkeys, usually a response of somekind is I cum blood. So I just got it out of the way.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor

Quote by superslash1994
What kind of music do you play, and yeah just go with us on the 100 watt thing. If you cranked it, you would be deaf in a matter of minutes, not to mention having the police called on you multiple times for disturbing the peace. A 35 watt will still be very loud, and it should sound good at higher volumes. Be sure to try it out to make sure you can get the kind of tone you are after with it.
There's no way that amp is 250 watts if you're cranking it and not deaf.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
There's no way that amp is 250 watts if you're cranking it and not deaf.

Go look at my gear pics. It has two 12 inch speakers. I usually put it at 5-8. I am used to it though, lets just say my hearing isn't what it used to be.

EDIT:
Quote by thetoastinator
What kind of music do you play, and yeah just go with us on the 100 watt thing. If you cranked it, you would be deaf in a matter of minutes, not to mention having the police called on you multiple times for disturbing the peace. A 35 watt will still be very loud, and it should sound good at higher volumes. Be sure to try it out to make sure you can get the kind of tone you are after with it.

I play a mixture of rock/classical/funk/blues/metal/jazz/electronica. Not all at the same time though. I heard an Orange amp when Shinedown was on at Rock On The Range, and it sounded BEAUTIFUL. I have wanted one ever since!
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor

Quote by superslash1994
i did some research on your amp: 2x12, made in mid 80's, 250watts (solid state)

DAMN!!!!!
Quote by Ghold125
i did some research on your amp: 2x12, made in mid 80's, 250watts (solid state)

DAMN!!!!!

Told you! It was a Christmas present from like my whole family, bought it used at a music store. I really want an orange amp though......lol.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor

Quote by superslash1994
Quote by swordsrkewl
I recently played my SS 250watt Fender 212 at max volume, I did not like the sound, I use a line 6 uber metal distortion pedal which is GREAT, but the tone seems to crap out at higher volumes. I was wondering what would a SS 250watt Fender 212 would go for and does anyone know some no-to-expensive/reliable tube amps ( at least 100 watts). Any kind of input is appreciated, I just would like some help.

Really? I'm afraid of my 120 Watt hybrid (SS power) Laney past '5' on the volume knob. I cannot imagine where or for what purpose this occurred... Anyway, a 100 watt tube amp is completely ridiculous when on max volume, and could definitely rape the volume of your amplifier.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
what model orange did you see at your local shop?

and looking at the types of music you play, look at a carvin v3?
http://uptownstrings.com/amps.htm

Not very specific, I will have to call and ask, but they have Orange amps.

http://www.swampdogsmusicandmore.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=orange+amplifiers

35 is up there in that one.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor

Quote by superslash1994
Quote by FLNagle
Really? I'm afraid of my 120 Watt hybrid (SS power) Laney past '5' on the volume knob. I cannot imagine where or for what purpose this occurred... Anyway, a 100 watt tube amp is completely ridiculous when on max volume, and could definitely rape the volume of your amplifier.

In all fairness it was outside at school, awesome no pants jam. Anyway people were complaining about the sound and I was like yeah...I couldn't figure out what it was, my pedal didn't sound good. I was also picking up radio frequencies lol.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor

Quote by superslash1994
Quote by Ghold125
you do know that thats a bass amp?

****! So thats what the B is.....I thought it looked a bit strange too. I guess I will have to have it ordered to the store or call that other one...I was also going to check out some pawn shops around town as well.

SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST!
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor

Quote by superslash1994
I didnt even know they made SS amps that are 100 watts!
Tube amps 100 watts are waaaaayyyy louder. Thats like Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock power there. And tons of money!
50 watts is fine, or mic it if you really need that much.
Quote by Dale_kerigan
Mr. threadstarters a complete wanker

Nawt rly sir. I resent your statement.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor

Quote by superslash1994
well i have a Marshall JCM 900 4500 head with a 1960 A 4 X 12 cab it`s 50 watts.

it is LOUD, i`ll drown out my whole band, drums and all with it, if i wanted too.

i tryed a Marshall Mode 4 head which is a hybrid, 235 watts, with 16 ohms, my JCM is almost as loud.

so being you have 2 less speakers, my 50 watt 1/2 stack will probly own your 250 watt amp. it`s crazy i know.

point is, you don`t need or even want 100 watts. a 100 watt tube amp will sound like crap to you because you`ll never be able to push it hard enuff to get high gain.

it`s a royal pain in the ass with my 50 watter, i can`t push it really at all in band practice, because i`ll blow all are ears up. my nephews 75 watt SS 1/2 stack can`t even hold a candle to my tubed Marshall
there is something wrong with this thread but i don't know what it is.

i've completely lost track of what the question/point was. i realize it is late.

i have a 100 wattr solid state and it is sh*t loud.
i have a 50 wattr tube amp and it is sh*t loud.

i can't imagine pushing either amp past 6 but i only play at home.

i do get nice tube break up at vol 4 gain 4 on Valveking.

what was the question again?

TS if you are so hard up for an Orange then do some research and then go buy one.

;(
Quote by swordsrkewl
I play a mixture of rock/classical/funk/blues/metal/jazz/electronica. Not all at the same time though. I heard an Orange amp when Shinedown was on at Rock On The Range, and it sounded BEAUTIFUL. I have wanted one ever since!

If you want an Orange, I would say the Rocker 30 or Rockerverb would be great for what you want it to do.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS