A little back story. I've been in a puck band for a good three years, and we've always had a blast. We played a couple shows, and they weren't anything great, but it was fun.

We recently have been getting more serious, dropped our punk for a more hard rock sound, and hired a rhythm guitar, to free up our singer. The bassist and drummer are punksters and will do almost anything you tell them. However, the singer and the rhythm both have a secret love of chill music, Michael Buble, Beatles stuff. I had no problem with it, as I had a secret love for metal/metalcore (ala Bodom, A7X, In Flames, Trivium). When we wrote it was a cool fusion of styles. I had a little side project going with a buddy of mine, to express my harder music taste. Now, these two (singer and rhythm) formed a side project for their taste, No problem with me. We were scheduled to play at a cafe. They set our whole set list to soft music, because cafe people wouldn't like the harder music. I replied saying I'd rather have 10 fans who like my music then 100 who like something I don't like.

So our singer took our gig and gave it to their side project.

I was pissed, so I went out. I got a call, and he said I seemed angry. I told him I didn't think the band was such a good idea anymore. We started an argument. He said I always acted like the band was mine. However I organized all the guitar parts, told him what and how to sing, told the drummer what to play, what the bassist to play, I did EVERYTHING musical for them. All's he did was set up shows. It eventually ended with me quitting.

Now I'm good friends with both of them, and they want me to rejoin. I like all the guys except the singer (rhythm actually had little to do with this) and I loved practicing with them. They said they would kick our singer out (he's a bit of an ass, anyhow). However, they don't like my music. I'm worried I'll end up in another state of repressiveness. But I've been a month band-less (my town is metal musician free ), and would like to play again.

Should I rejoin?

Sry for my great wall of text.
If you know you're not going to be happy, then it's not worth it. Getting a performance quick-fix will just make your internal issues worse. You're probably going to have to look state-wide for metal bands.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
fuk them dude. get all the songs YOU made nd form another band nd play UR music since u made everything
i take it you play lead guitar? if so then re-join and ask if its okay to incorporate a metal driven solo's into the pieces (where it fits)...if your playing is good enough/clean and fluid enough it should sound pretty sweet.
people with large sig's are clearly compensating for something.
go for it man, you only live once. but for real if your not feeling there style dont go along with it and pretend too but personally i think thats what bands are all about everyone chipping in there own thing from what inspires them and them and you create your own genre basically, but then again in your case it seems like you gave them everything to do until now of course were they can make there own music, go along with it and if your not digging it bail out. something else will always come along talent never goes unnoticed and you sound pretty damn talented.
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
BC Rich Bronze Series Warlock
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
metal muff with top boast
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt Amp
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
You shouldn't play hard rock at a cafe. That's common sense. Also, cafes and stuff aren't gigs where you're out to get a bunch of fans. The cafe is a business and they're paying you to create a good atmosphere for their customers. Most people at a cafe don't want to hear you busting out into a metal song while they're trying to enjoy their coffee. It's a chill environment that requires chill music. So why don't you deflate your ego and start thinking a bit more.
Quote by Austyn6661
We were scheduled to play at a cafe. They set our whole set list to soft music, because cafe people wouldn't like the harder music. I replied saying I'd rather have 10 fans who like my music then 100 who like something I don't like.

So our singer took our gig and gave it to their side project.

I think this whole situation was handled poorly. The singer should have not taken away your gig. But it was the wrong venue for a hard rock band. As Zycho said, that style of music should not be played at cafes.
Quote by Austyn6661
Now I'm good friends with both of them, and they want me to rejoin. I like all the guys except the singer (rhythm actually had little to do with this) and I loved practicing with them. They said they would kick our singer out (he's a bit of an ass, anyhow). However, they don't like my music. I'm worried I'll end up in another state of repressiveness. But I've been a month band-less (my town is metal musician free ), and would like to play again.

Should I rejoin?

I say rejoin and work on forming your own metal band at the same time. You like them as people and you like playing with them. The only person you hate is being kicked out. There's no reason why you can't be in two bands at once.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.