Wow so in a nutshell I tried jamming with people WAY out of my league they are unbelievable and i couldn't keep up at all. Is there any basic tips for jamming like what kind of chord progressions and what scales to use. We play kind of bluesy classic rock kind of tunes if that helps. Like how to start a jam session
Also can some one explain the keys to play in like here play this in D for example that would be amazing
Ya you're all like wow noob shut the @#!$ up and just give up but ya i kinda need help
thanks
Everybody always told me stuff like the comments above. I never worked. I just gave up and settled on always playing shred and classical covers. Music is supposed to be fun right, I shouldn't have to think hard about it, I want progress I can see.
just try a basic chord progression, like a 12-bar blues or something if you're just background.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
I'd like the same knowledge, because knowledge is half the battle!!
Can you explan the 12 bar blues thing, I tried lessons and everything but ****...

Just as simple as you can do it.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
You don't learn how to jam...you feel it.

That's cheesy, I know, but it's true.

Ya i know what you mean I try not to think about it but just play but im not sure it just doesn't work you know I ended up feeling like i let them all down
The thing is we all switch off ( theres 2 other guitarists) one plays lead one plays rythym and one will just solo so i manage all right in the back but when i play lead its sketchy
The best advice I can give with the information you gave is to keep playing with these guys. Jamming with people better than you is one of the best, if not the best, ways to get better.

Why don't you ask them for some tips next time you go?
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
ya its true and they do kinda help me out on my way but i just feel like such an idiot you know i wish i could just prove my self, but give me one summer and I'll be alright lol
Take lessons if you want to progress. Best advice I can give you. Also, learn your scales/read music/understand the circle of fifths
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!