Note: This is about the movie

I saw the movie the doors today and i thought it was awesome. i know jim morrison was f*cked up but did he really do all that **** like drink blood and that?

Anyway the movie was great

What is the pit's thought
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
The band is awesome!!
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
no that movie was ****. read light my fire by ray manzarek. he tells about how WRONG the movie is, and how much he HATES oliver stone for making it.

edit: don't call jim morrison ****ed up. Strange yes, but ****ed up no. he was a genius.
^ Totally agree

He did once drink a chick's blood though. They were both well ****ed up and she mentioned having done it before. Morrison got giddy and decided to try.
Yeah, its not a very accurate movie. The truth is its hard to tell legend from fact when it comes to Morrison, but I felt he was portrayed as selfish and stupid in the movie, and any Morrison fan knows he was far from both.

That being said, Val Kilmer was the perfect casting call.
"To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." - Robert A. Heinlein
Quote by Santeria420
Yeah, its not a very accurate movie. The truth is its hard to tell legend from fact when it comes to Morrison, but I felt he was portrayed as selfish and stupid in the movie, and any Morrison fan knows he was far from both.

That being said, Val Kilmer was the perfect casting call.

i know, he looks so much like him....

Quote by paranoideyes
edit: don't call jim morrison ****ed up. Strange yes, but ****ed up no. he was a genius.

dude do you know anything about him?

i know he was a f*cking genius, theres no disputing that. he is one of my favorite lyricists of all time be face it he was f*cked up
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
I actually didn't like the movie. I thought it tried to hard to make Jim look like a deep poetic genius, and I don't really think of his poetry or lyrics as anything more than stupid ramblings of a drunk man.

I like the Doors, but I think the best songwriter in the band is Robby Krieger.
Quote by The Madcap
I actually didn't like the movie. I thought it tried to hard to make Jim look like a deep poetic genius, and I don't really think of his poetry or lyrics as anything more than stupid ramblings of a drunk man.

I like the Doors, but I think the best songwriter in the band is Robby Krieger.

I agree, people say he is too deep and poetic and I just don't understand it. But really. I think his lyrics are nonsense.
Quote by watchingmefall
I agree, people say he is too deep and poetic and I just don't understand it. But really. I think his lyrics are nonsense.
Although I did like seeing Meg Ryan's boob.
Its an ok movie. The acid trip scene in the desert is really boring though. It put me to sleep. And yes, Jim Morrison was a genius, as was the rest of the band.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
^his poetry on its own is great, and yeah ray and robby made some great songs too.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Quote by watchingmefall

You can say that, but there are probably some meaning behind them. Look at Anthony Kiedis from RHCP, sounds like ramblings, but he explains some of the songs in his auto-biography. I love Jim's poetry personally, I listen to an American Prayer a lot.

EDIT: There is also a new documentary in the works it should be out within the next six months, I cannot wait!
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.