ok i would like to know what scale this song is based off of
what key im in
and what i could do next to make it sound good
and i was wondering if anyone could show me how to do this myself next time for future reference.

any help appreciated!
thanks!
Attachments:
For the Fight track 1 (2).zip
Last edited by ChavezDeluxe at Jun 7, 2008,
im on a mac, so i woudent be able to tell you because you have that in a windows zip file, and not mp3, or any other music file, if you can convert it to mp3 i might be able to say it
ok ive got a quick question
if im in d minor
can i switch to any other key?
sorry im not to big on theory
and if i can what key do i go to?
or is it my choice? or does it involve theory
u can go to pretty much any key u wish but some may be hard to make it sound good, but there is also a bit of theory to check out like the things called circle of fiths/fourth, they tend to tell u what can sound good
Quote by Martindecorum
cause on the one sharp being A# and the use of all naturals besides B
There is no A# in the key of D minor. it must be called Bb since there is already an A in the scale and a letter cannot appear twice in a Western scale. This point is not arguable; it is fact.

Quote by ChavezDeluxe
if im in d minor
or is it my choice? or does it involve theory
You can do whatever you want; it's your song. However, people have been dicking around with music for 100s of years and have assembled their knowledge into something we call theory. Theory is not a set of rules, but rather a collection of ideas about what sounds like what. I suggest you get reading the theory link in my sig immediately, as theory knowledge is immensely beneficial.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
There is no A# in the key of D minor. it must be called Bb since there is already an A in the scale and a letter cannot appear twice in a Western scale. This point is not arguable; it is fact.
Using out of key notes? If you bent a C in the key of Bb, surely it would become a C#? Otherwise, your right...

Quote by ChavezDeluxe
You lie through your keyboard. You've got 2 long questions.
Quote by ChavezDeluxe
if im in d minor
Sure, but it would be wise to link each key some how, I usually use a secondary dominant chord or something (my creativity is asleep). And some keys sound better when switching keys than other keys.
Quote by ChavezDeluxe
Truth be told, you can move to any key you want. But I'd recomend using some kind of linking chord in between keys, otherwise it might sound as if your playing is out. Going to a key thats a perfect fifth or perfect fourth above (or below) the original chord is usually easiest to do. This is for two reasons: only one note will changed and the linking chord is already in both keys. No need to play an out of key chord.
Quote by ChavezDeluxe
or is it my choice?
Yes.
Quote by ChavezDeluxe
or does it involve theory
Theory is just a collection of ideas of what sounds good (and what doesnt), and also a way to describe music.
Your using theory whether you think you are or not.
Quote by demonofthenight
Using out of key notes? If you bent a C in the key of Bb, surely it would become a C#? Otherwise, your right...
A chromatic tone is a tone out of the scale, yes?
Quote by bangoodcharlote
A chromatic tone is a tone out of the scale, yes?
yes, but on a musical staff a chromatic run would be written as C, C# (or Db), D