Can I use either of these to clean and polish the fretboard safely? I'm changing the tuners now and don't have any other oils, so if neither work then I'll do nothing.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro Harmonix Big Muff
Ernie Ball VP Junior 250k
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Err.. No.
You're probably gonna need lemon oil, unless it's a maple fretboard. Maple + Lemon oil = NO NO
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
i have heard of people using olive oil but i would not recommend it. if you don't have lemon oil for guitar fretboards then wait till next string change.

also i heard that pure lemon oil is not the answer either as it has too much acid in it. i use Dr Stringfellow lemon oil spray for fretboards. same as Dunlop stuff. also, their string cleaner stuff is lemon oil based too and i use that all time, smells like lemon oil anyway and is obviously safe. we are assuming you have a rosewood or similar type wood here.

Do not use Pledge or any other furniture spray/polish. big no no.

I've never heard of Lavender oil, and don't use olive oil unless you want to sautee your fretboard.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
i used oilive oil once on a guitar with a rosewood fingerboard...it smells a little funny now.
I cleaned my strings with Baby Oil and it also went on my maple neck, im intending to do it again today

Is this a bad idea, please help. thx
/CENTER]
I wouldn't put lemon oil in a salad dressing and I wouldn't put olive oil on my guitar. Lavender oil? That's from the realms of pot pourri and scatter cushions, it's girl's stuff.Although I think you can use it for toothache relief too.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
omg, like said, don't use any olive oil, it'll rot on the wood and smell bad.

don't use lanvendar, or baby oil, they arent the right thickness and arent pure.

don't use funrinture polish, contains, silicone,

don't use ky, don't use peanut butter, don't rub a lemon or a banana on ur guitar.

just buy a $4 bottle of dunlop or similar for rosewood board. it'll last forever.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
For those of you with maple fretboards, I'm curious as to what you use, if at all?
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
i use guitar polish, or whatever wax i'm using on the body.

it's got a finish coat on it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Yea I got a finished coat on mine, but never know what to put on it! I tend to just leave it, but I may try putting polish on next time then....
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...