Tell me what you think. It's on my profile called A long way gome

recorded with a rockman soloist straight to soundcard drums are mixcraft. I was really going for an AC/DC kind of sound so tell me whats wrong
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Jun 8, 2008,
Critiquing as it downloads.

I say it's kind of in the middle between AC/DC and Boston from the beginning. Perhaps it leans a bit more toward the AC/DC side, but i'm thinking it may just be your tone more than your playing. Perhaps get some extra crunch in it, and it should get closer to AC/DC. Actually, for the first minute, I was just waiting for Brian Johnson/Bon Scott to jump in on vocals! Cool solo too! But, it seemed just a LITTLE forced. Perhaps a looser and more aggressive approach to the solo would really make it rawk. It's pretty sweet at the moment though.

Other than that, it's a catchy song, definitely well-influenced. I can't say too much more, since you're alot better than coming up with organized songs than I am.

Very good job all around. Perhaps this summer once I get some recording stuff, maybe we can collaborate if you wanted me to throw in a bluesy solo or just a few lead licks in one of your songs.
Or not, it's up to you

but, 8.5/10 for now. Once you get the tone nailed down, and maybe just tighten everything up (everything was pretty good, but you know, with vocals and stuff like that), and it'll become a 10 easily. Especially if the vocals match the song well.

Cheers!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Jun 9, 2008,
yah I can get kinda close with the rockman to the AC/DC sound but definatly not perfect lol.

the solos is actually not forced at all it's one of the funnest solos I've ever recorded its a great song to just rock out to try it the song's in the key of A .

I really wish I had a vocalist. I can't sing worth crap lol.

btw I would love to do a couple songs with you Your great at alot of things I can't do ala SRV stuff like that even though I love blues I"m not much of a prefect clean player lol.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
yah I can get kinda close with the rockman to the AC/DC sound but definatly not perfect lol.

the solos is actually not forced at all it's one of the funnest solos I've ever recorded its a great song to just rock out to try it the song's in the key of A .

I really wish I had a vocalist. I can't sing worth crap lol.

btw I would love to do a couple songs with you Your great at alot of things I can't do ala SRV stuff like that even though I love blues I"m not much of a prefect clean player lol.

Yeah, i'm surprised how good of a tone you got with the rockman.

Hmm... pr'haps you're right. I guess forced for me means loose and relaxed for you. I guess since most of my music is blues jam based, i'm used to playing really loose and carefree. So, I guess anything less than that may seem a little forced. It was a great solo though!

Yeah, that'll be really fun, but I can't write songs at all really (and lyrics for that matter). You could write the song, and i'll toss in a lick or two, or maybe I can play a nice bluesy solo if it'd be fitting.
Or whatever.

I'll need someone to collaborate with over the summer, since my only chance at a band would only play Relient K covers (gag), so any opportunity to play some real rock and blues with someone would be very nice.

And anyways, this may be considered spam on the recordings thread, so let's go through PM's if you feel like discussing more.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator