I'm getting an Ibanez GRG 170DX soon(http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-GRG170DX-Electric-Guitar?sku=512496), and I'm pretty pumped, as its gonna be my first electric.
No surprise, the reviews say going out of tuning quickly is a real problem. It's got a trem, but no locking nut . I assumed that was the problem, until I saw that most of the reviews blamed it on the bridge(i.e. "It has a bad bridge that will go out of tune constantly") So, even if it did have a Floyd Rose nut; would it still have tuning problems because of a bad bridge?
Having said all that-- is there anything I could do(or have done) to fix the tuning problem(after all, this is a customizing forum)
I'm guessing your tuning stability will be greatly improved by the locking nut. The bridge looks alright, it's probably not the greatest, but it will probably hold tune if you have the locking nut.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
As that guitar has no fine tuners on the wammy then a locking nut wont work. The guitar you bought is only 40 bucks more than a squire. For that kind of money you dont get much in the way of a good wammy. If you want to fix the wammy, either block it and dont use it, or replace it with something else. For the money spent modding the guitar you could upgrade to a better guitar.
tackleberry is right you cant put a locking nut on a guitar with no fine tuners

if you want to lock the tuning then buy some grover locking tuners

that should help with the problem
^ and a graphite / rolling nut, that way, the strings travel through the nut friction-free, and the locking tuners will hold your strings!
------

Shwiggity.
As that guitar has no fine tuners on the wammy then a locking nut wont work. The guitar you bought is only 40 bucks more than a squire. For that kind of money you dont get much in the way of a good wammy. If you want to fix the wammy, either block it and dont use it, or replace it with something else. For the money spent modding the guitar you could upgrade to a better guitar.

yeah, I thought about the fine tuners right after I posted, Locking tuners seem like a good idea though. I'm on a pretty tight budget, so I might just block the whammy for now, until I can get locking tuners...