Were you depressed the day after high school graduation?

It was weird, I was at like this all-time high during graduation day, you know? Just happy I'm graduating, had this whole "can't wait 'till I get the hell out of here" thought mentallity, the works.

Then day after I went into one of my all-time low depressions: I'll really never see my teachers again at the school except maybe like one, maybe two times again later on, never really see alot of my friends there, all the hot chicks that I grew up with are gone, it's all gone now.

I don't even know why I was depressed too. I mean, I don't mean to sound egotestical or anything, but I could call up the whole neighborhood say tomorrow and do whatever - like the majority of all my friends still live in the neighborhood, yet I'm still very depressed, it's so weird.
Quote by brownstone999

I don't even know why I was depressed too. I mean, I don't mean to sound egotestical or anything, but I could call up the whole neighborhood say tomorrow and do whatever - like the majority of all my friends still live in the neighborhood, yet I'm still very depressed, it's so weird.

I lol'd
Not really depressed, but I did wonder where all the time went.

Oh, and don't worry dude. It'll pass once you start college.
Quote by reaume140
i graduate in about 3 weeks. i'm nervous but kinda happy lol i hate high school.

Dude I hated high school too. That's the thing, I NEVER went to any sports games, never joined any clubs or attented school assemblies or anything yet I'm so depressed about leaving it? LOL WTF
I wasn't depressed... but it was an odd feeling. Graduation is so built up that you hardly even realize there's going to be a next day. Odd feeling, but not exactly bad... but that was a year ago for me so i've survived and wouldn't go back if i was paid lol
Yeah, after high school.. you find out who your real friends are.

I had a good handful of kids i hung out with, but the only one i ever hung out with after high school is the one i play guitar with.

Well, not anymore since he's a queer and moved to WA.
Quote by happytimeharry

AMEN
Especially if you are going to a kick-ass university, such as the U of M
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not
Well, you spend 4 years with people, so u get used to it. Eventually youll get used to the change and be able to laugh at the uncertainty you feel now. My advice, dont worry about stuff, everyone feels weird in times of change.
Come to think of it.. i only had a freshmen year lol

10-12 i would ditch school. go to my friends house and sleep in. get drunk and just jam for hours.
this was 2 years ago, when i was supposed to graduate?

I think i broke some truency records at that school haha.

Hated high school more than the average kid. but it's cool.. got the GED and go to college.
And i still rock out with my.... sock? out
Last edited by TheToasted at Jun 8, 2008,
graduation day i was depressed and sad because most of my friends are leaving for college. the day after though i felt like a big burden was lifted and now i can't wait to get a car and go to college, a junior college.
No, I felt relieved. Then again, I really did burn a lot of bridges my senior year...
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
I was depressed somewhat throughout the second semester, but when my closest friends ditched me to hang out with other people, I decided to say "fk 'em." If I see them in the future, I'll see them. If not, well then I'm sure to make friends in college. They way I see it, if they don't care enough about me to ditch their girlfriends for one night, then I should obviously move on.

Quote by terrencemaddox
No, I felt relieved. Then again, I really did burn a lot of bridges my senior year...

I feel ya on that. Lately I've been wondering if it was subconsciously a way for me to say goodbye to them. But whatever. I got a nice little cheer when they called my name at graduation.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
Quote by Kyle.E
I lol'd

I'm a junior (senior next year) and thats all i could think about these days. I guess you could say that i'm afraid to let go of what i have now.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
I didn't think I'd be sad one bit, but I was (one bit). The journalism department puts together a slide show for the seniors every year, and even though I didn't know most of the people in the show, and the ones I did know I didn't like very much, I still felt a little mushy about never seeing them ever again, even though I hadn't ever seen them yet. It was bizarre.
I was real ****ing sad at graduation. It's like the last time you will ever see you're whole class at one time ever again. Not everyone is going to go to the reunions and such.

Even the people you dont talk to much, not seeing them again, or at least not on a regular basis is kinda sad.

And I'm going to college alone next year, no one from my school is going to Concord University.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by metaldud536
I was some. But that's becuase I felt I had some things that had to be finished. Kinda like passing through temples without getting the heart pieces.

Zelda now?
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by metaldud536
I was some. But that's becuase I felt I had some things that had to be finished. Kinda like passing through temples without getting the heart pieces.

I know what you mean. I spent so much time waiting for one of my friends to break up with her boyfriend that I was never really able to like another girl until late in my senior year. Quite sad really.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
2 years ago, 2 days before I graduated, I got a ticket for doing 116 on the interstate, wasnt even arrested on the spot. I was scared that weekend, I was almost sure my dad was gonna kick the living sh*t outa me on a daily basis, but he didnt but damn was I scared. but I was glad that I finished highschool.
dude- graduating is the end of an era. Everything gets serious now... unless you don't let it!

PARTY ON! EXCELLENT MAN!

RADICAL

i'm going to be a senior next year, and i'm already thinking, what the **** happened to high school? the actual 'school' part of it takes up so much of your god damn time, you really don't have a chance to enjoy it. i mean, i've pretty much been going through the years on auto-pilot, it's always day after day getting through the homework, recovering from the bitchy day at school, test after test, weekend after weekend, every now and then something memorable will happen....then the year is over. and i mean, i don't even put that much time into school. i'm in honors and AP classes, but i don't study...come to think of it, i honestly couldn't tell you what i've been doing with all of my time (damn you Pit!).

it can be really depressing when you think about how the 'best years of your life' are slipping away.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
out of sight = out of mind
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
i hate everyone at my school
and the ones who are my friends im sure we'll keep in contact
so yeah...i'll probably be depressed
Well I cant wait to finish in November, but I've been thinking about it, and it's scaring me because I don't know if I'll see many people again.
Like 90% of ppl is going to the school's sixth form so it wasn't depressing xD
/CENTER]
Quote by metaldud536

You can forget the gold skulltulas too!
And the compass? That's just fantasy.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by happytimeharry

this
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
It wasn't hard at all for me to let go... Honestly, I've been seperated since the day I signed my enlistment papers. I know that sounds sentimental and possibley cliche'd, but sometimes things work out that way...

Knowing I have to leave for a very long time, my mind can't afford to be attached.
My God, it's full of stars!