Hey guys, just recently got myself a Hughes & Kettner Triamp, after 3months of saving.

Its got a feature to switch between 50w and 100w and i was just contemplating which one to have it set on, since 100w watts is fking loud and im not playing arena's or anything, however playing some fairly large venues...

So everyone knows tube amp's don't reach there full potential until turned up pretty loud, so would the sound quality be better a.) 50watt turned up louder or b.) 100watt not turned up as loud.

thanks guys.
i would try both out and see which setting you prefer. i know that on the Mesa Stiletto which has the 50/100 watt option, each setting gives off a different tone.

mix and match with each channel, see what you like.

awesome amp btw congrats
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
I say keep it on 50.
Unless you think you lose dynamics or it changes the tone where you don't like it.

And, you should post pics and get sound clips of that great amp.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
beautiful man, honestly. you have the best of the best. i recommend going with the 50W. unless you want a lot of clean/overdriven headroom which is nice sometimes. but the 50W overall will sound best IMO. cheers on your beautiful rig.
Yeah, that amp is really versatile.
I was actually thinking of saving up more to get it, but I don't see myself needing that versatile of an amp in the future.
So, I got my CBB. it's a ridiculously nice amp, but I still kind of envy yours.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
The difference in volume between 50W and 100W is about 3.01 dB.

I'd play it both ways and see which breaks up the tubes earlier and sounds better. Thats the one you should go with, regardless of volume. You probably won't notice a difference after like 3-4.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
I'd keep it on 50 watts, but its up to you really - try it out!

Also, if you're playing metal, I'd leave it on 100 watts, as the clean headroom prevents tube saturation (which isn't really what you want for metal), and will keep it tighter sounding
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...