What is your favourite noise off a guitar??? As is just one fret off of one string. Mine is the 7th fret on the D string. Random question, and weird too, but what is yours???
Quote by Minkaro
Schizophrenia rap?

*beatboxes*

I have schizophrenia, I talk to myself,
People startin' to doubt my mental health,
Maybe someday I'll get the help I need,
But till then don't be blamin' mah weed.

*scratches*
Heavy distortion, flanger, phaser, and wah (half down) all at once.

And, hit a huge dissonant chord...it sounds...epic.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Tom Morello techniques.
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
open low e
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Black Beauty 3
Yamaha Pacifca
Drive?? Amp 25 watt?
Crate Flexwave 120/212
That isn't noise thats a note. Been done before.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
I dont know about favorite, but I've always liked hitting a distored E5 (E-0 A-2), then bending the crap outta the A string
Doing a pinch on your open B string and sending your whammy bar to the body of the guitar.

love it.
My Gear:
Carvin DC400C
Schecter Damien Elite 7 string
Boss Metalzone
Laney GH120 Head
Rhino 4x12 Celestion
-OG-UG'ER-
Put this in your sig if you've been a member over half a decade!
hanunted house noises created via amp @ high volume, some delay, a severly downtuned low e string, and a tremolo system. I am actually gonna work the sounds for someone's haunted house next year with my setup, and i get paid 50 bucks ftw
Rubbing my guitar against my amp, whilst tapping (Random notes), bending up while tapping and bending the neck all at the same time.
Quote by Frewak
. Mine is the 7th fret on the D string.

well i happen to favor the open A..........................

plz tell me some one gets this
I like the sound my guitar makes when it beats people over the head for making stupid, pointless threads. Then again, we are in the pit, otherwise known as ban-target-practice for the mods.
Quote by Baldorr

lol nice one
im still getting paid 50 bucks to make s****y feedback noise, tho, so i still win
Quote by Baldorr

I get it. I know that 7th fret D string is an A. I just like to play that one more than any other A for some reason.
Quote by Minkaro
Schizophrenia rap?

*beatboxes*

I have schizophrenia, I talk to myself,
People startin' to doubt my mental health,
Maybe someday I'll get the help I need,
But till then don't be blamin' mah weed.

*scratches*
picking the strings past the nut on the headstock and messing with the tremolo simultaneously with lots of distortion

never fails to make me smile
Quote by Baldorr

Wow, you have some fretboard knowledge, congratulations. You must feel really clever now, eh?
mine would be the dieing robot sound that bucket head does i can kinda do it but yea mine sounds liek crap or maybe the song when you hit a harmonic on the 3rd fret and pull your whammy as far as you can go and just hold it.
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Wow, you have some fretboard knowledge, congratulations. You must feel really clever now, eh?

lol
i have noticed that alot of guitarists and bassist dont know basic freboard knowledge so im not trying to be a jurk but just making a staement
Quote by Baldorr
lol
i have noticed that alot of guitarists and bassist dont know basic freboard knowledge so im not trying to be a jurk but just making a staement

Yea, but you really sounded like you took that statement seriously. Just letting you know you sounded like a noob, that's all....
Quote by parkerfly123
picking the strings past the nut on the headstock and messing with the tremolo simultaneously with lots of distortion

never fails to make me smile

i concur it sounds really cool
it can give u a really cool almost keyborady effect on an acoustic 2
Any of the bottom three strings (E, A, and D in standard) on the 7th fret or lower with a shitload of distortion and a delay.

Or, better yet (if I could possess it.... ) the effect Justin Broadrick uses in the intro to "Friends Are Evil" would be AMAZING.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
While in D Standard, hiting the C string, pushing the whammy bar down til it hits the body of the guitar, then before you bring it back up, hit the harmonic on the 3rd fret on the high C string, then bring it up. You probably need a Floyd Rose to do it.

Sexy sounds will ensue.
I hope it's cold, everyday, where you are.