So I recently acquired some money, and wish to spend it all on music! I can afford about 4-5 cd's online. The thing is I need some suggestions on good metal CD's, and you guys have to help me on this. I'll outline my musical tastes quickly below, and what CD's I know I'm getting for sure.

Here are my musical tastes:
1) Favorite band hands down is Iced Earth, Barlow's singing and Schaffers amazing rhythm guitar make this easily my favorite band. Plus they make pretty epic songs which is always good.
2) I'm into thrash, I just haven't been exposed to many of the lesser known bands. One of my favorite albums is Ride The Lightning, I started looking at other thrash bands (other than the obvious big four) and have gotten into Testament and Dark Angel. I bought a Kreator cd today, thought the guitar and musicianship was awesome, just didn't like their singer.
3) Most of the other thrash bands I have found had a bad singer and that completely put me off of them.
4) Usually I don't like Death metal, but I make a few exceptions, I really like Amon Amarth, Opeth, and of course Dethklok!
5) I'm into some power metal, not the synthy european stuff, but a bit heavier, again I'm not exposed to this genre very much.
6) Overall I would say I'm looking for a fast heavy cd, but that is also melodic, catchy, etc...

Anyway, CD's I'm buying for sure:

Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal (wanted to get Darkness Descends as well, but those are so expensive)
Iced Earth - The Dark Saga (was thinking about getting Something Wicked This Way Comes instead, or both)
Testament - The Legacy

So that's it, do you guys have anything to suggest?
Just naming off random stuff

Mastodon
Killswitch Engage
Children of Bodom
In Flames
Arch Enemy
Lamb of God
Pantera

I can't really think of anything else at the moment. I'm sure everyone else will have some good stuff...
Quote by eddiethehead888
4) Usually I don't like Death metal, but I make a few exceptions, I really like Amon Amarth, Opeth, and of course Dethklok!

You should probably check out Death - Symbolic or The Sound of Perseverence and Cynic - Focus.
Last edited by Makkis at Jun 8, 2008,
Quote by TexasRG
GOJIRA - FROM MARS TO SIRIUS

Great album. Backbone is my favorite.
Yea, my friend has all the Opeth and Children of Bodom there is, I'm getting that from him.

To the first replyer- thanks, i just noticed that thread right after posting this

I'll check out gojira right now.