Anyone from the US (or UK maybe) will have done SATS. I'm English, and I swear that I never did them. I'm considering going to university in America, seeing as everything in the UK is going downhill at the moment and doesn't seem to be getting better anytime soon.

Problem is, every college in America that I've checked out says I need to submit my SAT I n II scores, but I don't see how to do that when I never did them

Is it just the American equivalent of GCSEs? or something completely different?

sorry this is ignorance at its worst
SATs are a standardized test used in conjunction with the similar ACT. They often play a role in college acceptance.

They are piss-easy, and I got an 1850 on mine.

I don't know how it works elsewhere, but around here, you have to pay for it. It is not a state-provided service.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Jun 8, 2008,
Take it on your own as a private candidate? Where Im from you can do that..
I heard about them, apparently most places just look at those results and don't care about anything else?
/CENTER]
Quote by pl0x
I heard about them, apparently most places just look at those results and don't care about anything else?

Hardly. They are far less important than it's often made out to be. In the US, GPA is far more important.
Our SATS are not the same as American SATS. You have to submit your GCSE scores etc. You can submit your SAT scores if you want but they're irrelevant, and you DID do them in year 9.

Oh and unless you have tens of thousands of pounds to spare, you aren't going to college in America. And judging by your first post... you realise American college is equivalent to English university, not college right?
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
if u want to go to school in america, u should do PSATs in yr 12 (which are technically optional) then SATs in yr 13.

to do them you should try contacting the American schools over here and asking to sit the exams as a private candidate.

if u cannot do them call a universities undergrad admission board and try and explain ur situation
tl;dr : IM BETTER THAN YOU
Quote by Rankles
Oh and unless you have tens of thousands of pounds to spare, you aren't going to college in America. And judging by your first post... you realise American college is equivalent to English university, not college right?

It's medical school, either way I'm gonna end up paying thousands. Anyone English is twice as rich in the US though

And yeah I know what's equivalent to what. Just eventually everyone is gonna have to be like a millionaire to survive in the UK, so I thought I may as well widen my search
To go to an American college for university you will need to apply and sit the American SAT test as a private candidate, as well as gaining your English qualifications.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.