I was looking to buy a new bass but I was just wondering. Which of the two is better?

American Standard or Highway One jazz basses?
american standard
but you may like highway one so try it also
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Am I the only one that hates the satin feel of the american standard p-bass neck? The stickyness somehow makes the neck feel even thicker to me. Other than that, it seemed like a winner when I spent some time with one at GC.

I don't find mine sticky at all.

TS, definitely the American Standard, you get such bonuses as graphite support rods in the neck and through-body stringing.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
^Satin finishes aren't sticky. Lacquer finishes are, and I'm not sure whether the American is lacquer or satin.

For the question, American Standard.

my bad, well, for whatever reason the neck feels much more uncomfortable and slow to me then a highway one of a MiM p-bass. I've tried out the standard at a few different shops and felt the same way each time. All in my head?
American standard destroys the highway one granted theyre both good basses. The highway one is essentially the american with crappier hardware. Get the american.
Rickenbacker 4003
Carvin 210 Neo
Ampeg V4BH
Quote by bluntfoot
American standard destroys the highway one granted theyre both good basses. The highway one is essentially the american with crappier hardware. Get the american.

i own a Hwy 1 Jazz , and love it. but i totally agree with this statement.
the MIA Standard is a better bass, and IS worth the extra money.
The graphite supported necks of an MIA Standard are worth the price of admision.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Yeah the American standard is a better bass so if you can afford it go for it. On the other hand don't get put of the Highway 1 it's also a killer bass.
Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?