as the name say, does anyone have any suggestions of wah pedals that i could look at, i WILL be testing them all out so in the end my tastes and budget...will help decide what i want to buy. but doeas anybody know what to look at and what not to look at?

ive had my eye on an ernie ball wah, i dont know the price tag though.

and really, the war between crybaby's and vox wahs has to end HERE, any body had experience with both?
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Last.fm █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake."
~Napoleon Bonaparte
my budget isnt very high maybe i should save some more... its around $200 AUD
should i look at second hand as well?
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Last.fm █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

~Napoleon Bonaparte
yea i love hendrix, but i dont wanna be an imitation of him..., im not really a fan of signatures.

~Napoleon Bonaparte
yeah man either the dunlop or vox wah-pedals
both have created legendary wah's through out the decade :P
Epiphone LP, SD Alnico 2 Neck, Pearly Gates bridge, Ibanez S series.
Marshall VM2266c, Marshall JVM410H + 1936c, Marshall MG100DFX
Vox Tonelab ST, Boss GT-8, Korg Ax1500g.
MXR Classic Distortion, MXR 10band EQ, Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by dayvbayb
yea i love hendrix, but i dont wanna be an imitation of him..., im not really a fan of signatures.

OK, I would get a Crybaby 535Q, according to Dunlop it is:

The Swiss army knife of wah pedals!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Weeping Demon, straight Crybaby's are pretty darn good for the price, Morley Bad Horsie, Im not a fan of Vox wahs personally, never tried an ernie ball
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by Asthia
Crybaby 535Q.
Never let me down.
I've got one too, a surprising variety of sounds can come out of it, and its worth learning what Q actually means in terms of a parametric EQ (I think that's the right one)
535Q looks nice, might need to save up more money though..lol

weeping demon looks nice as well but way too compicated for a wah!

~Napoleon Bonaparte
then after all that i say try the original crybaby or vox wah

i have a crybaby it sounds ok, but im planning to mod it.

try vox wah or morley wah/volume and bad horsie
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
okay so the list to try so far is
Vox Wah (which one?)
Fulltone Clyde wah
Crybaby Orignial
Crybaby 535EQ
Ernie Ball wah

EDIT: Weeping Demon added, i have to admit it looks amazing

~Napoleon Bonaparte
Last edited by dayvbayb at Jun 8, 2008,
Weeping Demon is amazing.

Can get Metal, Funk, Blues, Rock and more.

It's great.

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
yeah i'd get the weeping demon love it ^_^ and u can change settings on it to fit whatever u wanan play
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
oh i forgot to tell u all what i like to play (if that affects your suggestions at all)
I like to play blues-rock and especially funk if I'm using a wah pedal. if im playing metal which i sometimes do, i like to keep it straight.

~Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote by dayvbayb
oh i forgot to tell u all what i like to play (if that affects your suggestions at all)
I like to play blues-rock and especially funk if I'm using a wah pedal. if im playing metal which i sometimes do, i like to keep it straight.

Weeping Demon can do Funk and Blues.

There's some clips for you.

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/images/effects2008/mp3/WD7_ClassicRock.mp3

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/images/effects2008/mp3/WD7_Funk.mp3

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/images/effects2008/mp3/WD7_ModernRock.mp3

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=zeB_rc-zIk0
i was looking at this, at it got me thinking about mods, which pedals need what mods?

~Napoleon Bonaparte
Last edited by dayvbayb at Jun 8, 2008,
Quote by sadistic_monkey
I've got one too, a surprising variety of sounds can come out of it, and its worth learning what Q actually means in terms of a parametric EQ (I think that's the right one)

+1
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Standard

American Fender Deluxe 70's Vintage

Korg Toneworks AX3000G

Jim Dunlop Classic Crybaby

Peavey Amp (house)/Marshall MG15dfx (school)
um yea, so...
which pedals need what mods? so i know what i can eventually save more money on or what pedal is worth modding and buying

~Napoleon Bonaparte
Weeping Demon is more reliable than the Crybaby's, doesn't use a pot, so it won't get scratchly like the Crybaby's will.
Hendrix Signature wah is a joke. The only difference between it and the normal Crybaby is one capacitor (I think) Hendrix used a regular Crybaby wah anyway.

Id go for the Weeping Demon or Morley. Both use optical switching and are more reliable. Ive had no experience with VOX wah pedals though.
I'm glad i found this thread... I'm also in the same position. I haven't really tried any wahs out execpt my friends on his multi-effects board (it didn't sound great though). I like the hendrix-type sound, but i think i'd use it more for writing songs. I hadn't really considered Vox.... i didn't know they were actually that good until i read this thread.

Just one thing--from what i've heard, do NOT get one of the "Original" Crybaby's. Get the one with the Fasel Inductor. I think it's called the Crybaby Classic.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
^You could, or you could just get the 30 dollars cheaper one and put the fasel in yourself for 5 bucks.

TS if you're using this for clean funk stuff I would just get the cheap crybaby and through a fasel inductor in, maybe mod it for true bypass and you'd be set with a pretty good wah within your budget.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
not just clean funk stuff, but an alrounder, im not too good with electronincs though, so wouldnt it it better to trust the manufacturer? or is it also cheaper to get someone else to mod it?

~Napoleon Bonaparte
teese real Mccoy
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I thought Hendrix used Vox...?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
he used both

~Napoleon Bonaparte
About the modding... i have literally zero exprience with modding stuff. How easy/hard is it to put in the Fasel and does that cancel out the warranty? (if there is one)
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper