..... to get a Peter Green mod done to my LP? is it easy enough for someone who knows nothing about the internal electronics of a guitar (me) to do?
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
what's the mod
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
jj1565 said:

"what's the mod"

I think they mean the reversed humbucker at the neck, like the one Peter Green had which he gave to Gary Moore.

I really don't know anything about the electrics and such, but hopefully someone else can shed more light on this and help you out.
Last edited by Deathsdoor99 at Jun 8, 2008,
i was too lazy to look it up.

if it's a reverse magnet or "out of phase" the easiest thing to do is add a switch or in the case of an lp, add a push pull pot, and add a couple wires to switch the pup to out of phase when activated.

cost? depends where you take it. call the shop ask about adding a push pull.

the pot itse;f is about $10.
labor, about an hour of work including the string change and setup after.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565

if it's a reverse magnet or "out of phase" the easiest thing to do is add a switch or in the case of an lp, add a push pull pot, and add a couple wires to switch the pup to out of phase when activated.

the push pull pot sounds good to me: i would still have all the tonal options i do now without the mod... is that right?

EDIT: i just looked up the mod on a site and it says that you could also put in a potentiator (sp?) with a push pull pot to achieve a similar sound. does any1 know how similar it is?
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
Last edited by chillrock at Jun 9, 2008,