Well, next year I will have the gear I have dreamed of since I was...

Well, I'll have a Fender Strat, a Laney VC30 and my trusty Crybaby...

Now, I was thinking of getting a Boss Blues Driver. How would this sound? I was planning using it for lead tones, not as an actual overdrive/distortion, whatever. Would this be too muddy or is it a decent pedal?

By the way, I would be playing early Whitesnake, Thin Lizzy, Deep Purple, UFO and maybe some Peter Green and Gary Moore.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
it sounds really good for lead tones.my guitar teacher has it and i play it all the time.its not for like metal rythems but it sounds good for bands like the ones u listed so yea
Quote by Rush_fan2112
i want to walk down the streets of a very large, populized city (one like toronto, or new york) wearing a wonder woman costume and eating a stick of butter

Quote by figsandbobo
I can eat a 16" no problem.
I always use mine as an overdrive, it's my main overdrive/dist pedal. I think the tubescreamer is a better booster.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Quote by SG thrasher
You'd be better off with a GH50L...

>_>

<_<.

I would if I had more money
Cam Sampbell's my hero
the digitech screamin blues i've found to be alot of transparent sounding, and more tubescreamerish. its a tweaker, but i though it sounded better than the blues driver, for blues and a boost that is. if your trying for heavier distorsion blues driver might be more suitable
I think it would be good. I use it to tight up the low end on my JCM800. It works great as a boost.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
Quote by stewart91
ibanez tubescreamer ftw

I would, but I just don't have the money for it, I need a cheaper one that can rival it!

EDIT: Unless I get the TS7 one. Is that any good?
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Jun 8, 2008,
Quote by Def
the digitech screamin blues i've found to be alot of transparent sounding, and more tubescreamerish. its a tweaker, but i though it sounded better than the blues driver, for blues and a boost that is. if your trying for heavier distorsion blues driver might be more suitable

This. It does add a tiny bit of warmth, though.
well Brad Paisley uses one, and his tone is sweet.
i used one once, for actual main distortion/OD sound, it actually works best for that i think. i think TS work better as boost and stuff like that, but the blues driver really sounded great with the gain up. try it out. oyu may love it
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.