I don't know why I've played guitar this long and never bothered to learn the difference between fuzz and regular distortion, but nevertheless, I have decided that I need one in my line up!

So the Zvex fuzz factory looks pretty cool, but unfortunately, I don't **** money. Then I checked out sound demos of the EHX big muff and that thing is just way too bassy for me--at least from what I hear on the demos, and I'm listening through laptop speakers. I need something bright and high on the attack. What do you got for me?

If anything you can just try to convince me that the Big muff can, in fact, reach high eq.
GANGSTAAAAAAS!

Chika! Chika! YEAH YEAH!

Quote by SG6578
That is regular hard maple...I'm 100% f*cking d*ck licking sure.
The big muff has a tone knob which can brighten out the sound a lot; it can actually get pretty trebly. Why not try one out?
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
I definitely will when I can. I don't think the local shop will have one, so that means the closest place to find one (and get a decent price) is about an hour away. Also, maybe this thread can give me some more ideas. I mean I didn't know about zvex until last night, and when I saw the demo video, I laughed my head off.

Anyways, back on topic, I just want to compile a list of some good fuzz boxes (preferably bright) here in this thread.
GANGSTAAAAAAS!

Chika! Chika! YEAH YEAH!

Quote by SG6578
The BYOC Large Beaver!!!

You have to build it yourself, but it's definitely a step up from a big muff. And it's only $100.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
Interesting, this BYOC stuff is also new to me. Where can I get BYOC packages?
GANGSTAAAAAAS!

Chika! Chika! YEAH YEAH!

Quote by SG6578