Right yeah so I think i'm going to sell my ESP ltd ec-1000, kind of sick of the binding, plays awesome like but yeah I'm vain lol
So I want a guitar to replace it but really have no idea what /=
I want a guitar thats going to be a workhorse so to speak, one I can use for many differant styles mainly hard rock and metal though and to be around £600 in price.
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
Really what you have now is about the best you're going to get. Unless you're wanting something with a floyd rose
nah I kinda wanted it without a floyd

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A
Yeah the EC-1000 is really nice but after a while, I think the binding would start to piss me off too...
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I suggest you select the least popular of the woman-creatures, and fart directly in her face.
Quote by devit
get the jackson mark morton dominion thing

those are indeed cool.
Oh my... How can you get sick of those beautiful bindings?
Anyway, Schecter is always a very good option. I would recommend the C-1 Plus because it has the same neck length as your current guitar. And its beautiful, too! Throw in some extra cash for a new pair of pickup and it will scare other guitars to dead.

Or if you cant part away from Les Paul shape...

Edwards is the Japanese division of ESP. They make good quality Les Paul comparable to real ESP. Try ishibashi shop or something.

Or why not take a look at Hagstrom. The Swede are generally cheaper but having quite number of good reviews lately. Not exactly look like a Les Paul, but what the hell.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Jun 8, 2008,
Quote by hminh87
Oh my... How can you get sick of those beautiful bindings?
Anyway, Schecter is always a very good option. I would recommend the C-1 Plus because it has the same neck length as your current guitar. And its beautiful, too! Throw in some extra cash for a new pair of pickup and it will scare other guitars to dead.

Or if you cant part away from Les Paul shape...

Edwards is the Japanese division of ESP. They make good quality Les Paul comparable to real ESP. Try ishibashi shop or something.

Or why not take a look at Hagstrom. The Swede are generally cheaper but having quite number of good reviews lately. Not exactly look like a Les Paul, but what the hell.

I've played some Hagström's and I must say they look and feel awsome. Extremly good quality for the money, even better quality than "cheap" Gibsons I think.
Empty tankard! Empty Tankard!
anymore???? opinions
I was thinking of shelling out for the ESP eclipse II but i'm not sure if its worth the extra money over the ec-1000

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A
Last edited by sepultura alma at Jun 22, 2008,
Look into the 'Japanese ESP' Edwards guitars. They make awesome Les Paul copies.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

^ I wasn't really thinking of getting lower series models and i'm not really after another RR right now

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A
Yes, the ESP standards are totally worth it. It's like comparing a a Made in Korea Ibanez with a Japanese prestige. If you can afford it, go with the Eclipse II.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
yeah I've played a eclipse standard in a shop a while back and it was really nice, I'm just wanting lots of view on it cause I'm on the edge of buying one depending on how much my ec-1000 goes for. plus alternatives don't want to rush into it.

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A
If you like your EC-1000 apart from the binding, just get an EC-400. Essentially the same guitar but less tacky.

Oh, and if you're selling a guitar on such a trivial thing as binding then you're on a slippery slope.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
you might also consider going to www.rondomusic.com and looking at the higher end agiles. they're right around your price range, and are supposedly really sweet guitars. they are more traditional LP type guitars than the ESP, in terms of scale length most notably, but they're good axes.
Signatures are for posers.

oh wait, that's a signature.

dammit.