I was looking at something to replace my old (ultra-junk) Kustom practice amp.

I'm thinking either an Epiphone Valve Junior or a Roland Cube 15x.

At some point I'm going to get a fuzz pedal, and since the Valve Junior's a tube amp it'd probably sound a lot better than the Cube 15x. However, the Cube is $50 cheaper and has a lot more features. Your thoughts?

Any other suggestions are welcome, this is just what I've seen so far.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
Depends what you're playing. If you're doing mainly classic rock and aren't interested in a lot of effects the valve jr is gonna be way better. If you play heavier stuff and what to experiment with effects and such I would say the cube. They are both good amps, but with the cube you're basically sacrificing tone for variety.

I'm tone all the way so I would pick the valve jr.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
its its just for practicing in ur room and thats it then i think the cube will b great. its what i use when i practice cause of the range of sounds i can get out of it.
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Taylor 12 String acoustic
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
Hughes And Kettner Trilogy w/ 4x12 HnK cab
I've heard cubes are great so that would be my vote.

If you just want to play classic rock or something similar go with the valve though.
Take a look at my blog
How good is the tone of a cube? I'm not expecting much from a solid state amp, but is it going to sound like ass?
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
For bedroom practice, anyone who has a tube amp (me included) will tell you that the volume required to get the best out of the genres you will eventually be playing (it is inevitable that you will experiment even though you have your faves - you are a guitarist after all!) will need to be fairly loud. I.E. at low volumes tube amps lose a little of that organic quality that they are fabled for. There are however some tube amps which are very small wattage i.e. Blacheart Killer Ant (sic) 1W for instance as well as others. But you could do a lot worse FOR A PRACTICE AMP than picking up a Roland Cube or a VOX VT series amp.

I have a Cube 30X and I love it.

EDIT: I think you will be surprised how good the tone is on the Roland. I'm not sure about specs for other versions but I know the 30X and the Microcube have the modelling stuff on them.