So, Do you recomend i just by a Guitar CryBaby or save up for the actual bass one do you think it will make much difference. Thanks
What is one of the worst offenders for guitar versions castrating a bass. Definately get a bass wah.

Also to consider are the Morley Dual Bass Wah and the Snarling Dog's Wah. Those are the 3 most popular choices as far as wah goes, and they all sound different. Make sure to try out as many as possible before deciding.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Im not too sure really, Does anyone know what Wah Cliff Burton used ? If you cant tell by now im a big fan
He used a Morley power wah. However it is a guitar wah, so cut his low end loads. It only really worked because the Big Muff already cut his low end.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
So to get a Cliff sound i get a Morley and a Big Muff ? So if i was to get morley bass wah it would do some the same job ?
NO! Stop right there.

Fitz would have a heart attack if he saw this thread.

And yes you could get a Morley guitar wah and a big muff but your tone would sound like utter bollocks and you'd think "oh bugger it, i just wasted £150ish (estimation on costs) on making my tone sound like a cat dying" and you'd end up being one of the other 500,000 people who insist on having the same 'tone' if it can be called that as Cliff Burton.

Okay he was a great bassist 'n' all but his tone wasn't too great. It sounds good on songs like 'for whom the bell tolls' but thats about it.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
1. who the hell is " Fitz " ?
2. I can see where your coming from on the Cliff wannabe thingy but hes wah thingies are cool
Fitz is thefitz, a member on this forum.

and yeah, I admit his wah things and stuff are cool but is it really what you want? You could put the money towards a new bass/amp.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
The bass i got i like atm same with my amp but think for the tip. Im mainly looking at pedals
I would not get a guitar wah, simply as it will not work for anything other than sounding like Cliff. Try the bass wah's out, and see which you prefer.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Good idea but where i live is lacking in guitar shops. Theres one that is Electric Guitar only and other than only does repairs. There is one in the city near me but they never have any bass pedals