I've lived in England for almost a year and I'm starting to wonder if there's an unwritten rule somewhere that makes people who wear shorts gay. I've had some classmates comment on my shorts, saying stuff like "Hey, you know how I know you're gay? You wear shorts" and "Eww! Shorts?!?" I could understand that statement if I was wearing tight short shorts, but my favorite (on a side note, they also comment on my spelling) shorts to wear are these (and they're practically the only ones I wear in public):
http://www.and1online.com/And1_Vests_Shorts.php (the blue/white ones)
So, are shorts that uncommon in England or are these people just annoying me for no reason?
coz probably coz youre pale and pasty dude LOL

we brits generally are
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
I don't know about the sexual connotations... all I know about this subject is:

Shorts suck.
shorts are shorts, if it's hot, there's no excuse.
i don't wear them, but i guess there's a limit to whether they could look ridiculous lol.
they are just annoying to you for no reason, its those stupid little english pr*cks that like to make fun of pple, makes them seem more powerful, and UK UGers dont get me wrong, i'm half English but I did realise that some stupid kids in england tend to be c*nts (not all but many ofem are forexample bullies), btw, TS where are you from? coz that might me the reason, not ur shorts but the fact that your from another country, correct me if im wrong

oh and EDIT: shorts are the very best invention since food, bikinis and sex!!!!!!!!!!!!
i wear my shorts all the time

im from the UK

i dunno ive never heard about anyone getting picked on for wearing shorts before
it obviously depends on the shorts... I only use gay-looking ones not to harm ppl cause my manhood would most likely kill on sight.
Quote by ledhead67
Dammit, satyphan, you just shat over all my hopes and dreams.
they're probably just taking the p*ss because you're reasonably new and different to them,
and the fact they're basket ball shorts and basket ball isn;t as popular here as it is in the U.S

so yer they're just shallow and immature, but the shorts are a bit different to what's normal in England lol
Fender Telecaster (MIM) <- the sentimental one

Fender USA strat

4 standing Oasis tickets, Cardiff 12th June - selling at face value go!
they are just annoying to you for no reason, its those stupid little english pr*cks QUOTE]

serous bit of stereotyping going on there
Fender Telecaster (MIM) <- the sentimental one

Fender USA strat

4 standing Oasis tickets, Cardiff 12th June - selling at face value go!
Quote by satyphan
I only use gay-looking ones not to harm ppl cause my manhood would most likely kill on sight.

what like speedo's

mmmm

Depends what kind of shorts you wear. Like when it's hot outside or for casual occasions I wear black shorts with my black slip ons and a t shirt. I would never wear shorts that are too short though. Just knee length is good.
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"

i just wear my camo shorts and dickies
and sag them....then people are always telling me to pull them up......coz im a girl ¬¬
1. I'm not gay
2. I'm originally from Estonia (Eastern Europe) but I've lived around Americans all my life, so I speak, write, and use slang exactly like an average American. (I've been mistaken for an American by Americans, so, yes, I do sound American)
3. DunnySun, no.
4. I generally wear shorts that go just past the knee and are pretty wide
5. They also don't like my taste in music...
[quote="oh and EDIT: shorts are the very best invention since food, bikinis and sex!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish i invented them all but i only thought of food, the least arousing of them all
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
try not to wear the basketball shorts and just get some normal shorts.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Whenever I'm leafletting in Camden and I offer a leaflet to someone in shorts... They always reply in a german accent with their boyfriend hanging off their arm... so yeah, not only are shorts for queers, but they're for german queers too.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
RED MILITIA FACTION
What the ****... you get made of for wearing SHORTS??

that's frigging crazy.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
just dont wear long socks.
and make sure the shorts dont go any higher than the knee.

short shorts, high socks and sandals = gay.

long shorts, trainer socks and trainers = okay.

but, if you dont want to be discrimainated, go with the flow, do what everyone else does, and always, always conform.
or socks with sandles if you wear shorts
Quote by ginjaninja
just dont wear long socks.
and make sure the shorts dont go any higher than the knee.

short shorts, high socks and sandals = gay.

long shorts, trainer socks and trainers = okay.

but, if you dont want to be discrimainated, go with the flow, do what everyone else does, and always, always conform.

It's sad how true that is. Just try to be as average as possible clothes wise at least...
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
WELL if they're tight

and really short

and have a bright colorful pattern,

then that's pretty flaming.

I think the thing that counts the most is the length.

If you're a guy, you shouldn't really shouldn't wear shorts that are much shorter than knee length.

Usually you won't get harassed if they're like, bermuda shorts.
i think the ones hes wearing are perfectly fine

i think the kids are just picking on your coz your foreign, not coz of your shorts..........sorry dude :/
it's not the shorts in general, it's those particular shorts; they look awful. only chavs wear those.

tbh though most of us only wear shorts to the beach or whatever
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
shorts are best saved for sports and realy realy hot days, stick with a nice pair of jeans.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
I think TS is like the kid in the Pokemon games.....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls