Hey,
I decided to invest some cash in my Ibanez. I want to change stock pickups for something new. I was thinking about dimarzio Evolutions in both bridge and neck positions, but i can't find anything for middle position. Personally i would like having only 2x Humbucker. But after some thinking i decided to put something in the middle to fill that spot. I don't like mini-humbuckers visually so i want something with stacked coils, and for more bluesy feel, so i can have more options with that guitar. Do you have any sugestions? Oh, yeah, i'd like i to be also dimarzio to keep with the estetics.

Cheers

PS: Changing amp is not in the question, because i have access to profesional recording studio, where i can see the difference in sound
PS2: My musical styles are Metal, Blues, Classic Rock, and a little bit of everithing else. I want to have many possibilities in trying out new sounds, but stock v7, s1, v8 sound... Crappy.
2 sd blackouts and emg single coil?
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
Epi LP Prophecy GX + LP Custom Maple EMGs
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?
Warlock platinum '90? old shape

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????
Quote by damm_punks

Rather not. Forgot to mention that i'm interested in passives, because i don't want any more routings in this guitar (the cheesy jem handle is enough. I don want any more mods in that particular guitars)
Quote by El_Bozo
...Oh, yeah, i'd like i to be also dimarzio to keep with the estetics...
Quote by damm_punks
Dude...

Quote by El_Bozo
...My musical styles are Metal, Blues, Classic Rock, and a little bit of everithing else. I want to have many possibilities in trying out new sounds...
These days, I'm thinking PAF Pros are the way to go when you do a little bit of everything. They don't really excel in any one voice, but they are really great all-around pickups. For the middle, DiMarzio SDS-1 perhaps? I hear they're quite unique.

If you want more pickup options, you could always add a push/pull pot and a superswitch and voila...

...Egen wiring.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Last edited by jm1681 at Jun 9, 2008,
Seeing as you're in Poland maybe contact Merlin and see if they have anything suitable?
http://merlinpickups.com/

As far as Dimarzios go don't get Evolutions, based on what you've said the Breeds would be a far better choice for you - a Fast Track, FS-1 or Chopper would all work in the middle.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jun 9, 2008,
^ The Chopper is VERY nice, but...

Quote by El_Bozo
...I don't like mini-humbuckers visually so i want something with stacked coils...
FS-1 is sweet but isn't it just about identical to the stock single?
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
Thanks for all of your advices

jm1681: Whoa! I think i'll take that wiring option in consideration! Thanks!
Oh yeah, about fs-1... Well... The stock middle pickup is in not-mint shape. Some oxidation gathered on the poles, so maybe cleaning it out, and getting a nice new cover will be enough. Not 100% sure, but i'll have to take a look.

steven seagull: Yeah i know about Merlin They're very popular in poland, But! Suprisingly getting diMarzio from Musicians Friend, and asking my friend to bring them over to poland is cheaper then Merlin Pickups
I'm planning on making my own build, and for it i'll get something from merlin. But for my ibanez i intentionally wanted DiMarzio to keep with the estetics, and so on, so on... You know the drill

Anyways, thanks for responces
I had the S1 in my RG. Its a pretty nice single IMO.

When I think of how a single coil sound, thats the sound the S1 made. Clear, crisp and glassy with just the right amount of snap.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头