I just acquired an old guitar for a bargin. One problem is that on the stabilizer bar the logo has come off over time.

Am thinking about making a stencil and painting/spraying it back on, if so what would be a suitable solvent?

Its that writing just above the pickup selector which says Roland G-707
thats 1 ugly piece of ****
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
I've never seen that type of guitar in my life. What you could do is: make your stencil, use some some silver or gray spray paint, and after you put the logo on there, use a few coats of spray laquer to finish it off and prevent wear and tear on the logo.

Hope this helps, and Good Luck!
Gear:

Guitars
Martin DSR
Taylor 214e
Fender Strat
Epiphone 335 Dot
Carlo Robelli Acoustic

Amps+Effects
1978 Fender Pro Reverb
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Super Overdrive
EHX Holy Grail
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
Thanks dude. Ive never used/bought laquer before. So I should buy it as a can and then paint it on, or should I spray it on?

Quote by FMNStratGuy
I've never seen that type of guitar in my life. What you could do is: make your stencil, use some some silver or gray spray paint, and after you put the logo on there, use a few coats of spray laquer to finish it off and prevent wear and tear on the logo.

Hope this helps, and Good Luck!
Spray it. There's a thread on it in Building & Customizing I think.
Looks really interesting. It's not really my cup of tea, but interesting anyways! It's nice to see a guitar which isn't a Strat, LP or Superstrat sometimes
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
It may be ugly to some, but its one hell of a guitar. Sustians forever thanks to that stabilzer bar. As you said it does make a change, I like something different in my collection.
i think floyd rose designed that one

i read it somewhere on the net but i cba to find the link rite now
Quote by alaskan_ninja
I personally prefer 33 A.D. when they finally killed that bastard Jesus.

^ BRILLIANT^

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
What do you mean?

The guitar was designed by the Roland company and built by Ibanez.

Quote by gingerbreadaxe
i think floyd rose designed that one

i read it somewhere on the net but i cba to find the link rite now
kk my bad

i definitely saw i similar one though which was designed by floyd rose
Quote by alaskan_ninja
I personally prefer 33 A.D. when they finally killed that bastard Jesus.

^ BRILLIANT^

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by TERU
Thanks dude. Ive never used/bought laquer before. So I should buy it as a can and then paint it on, or should I spray it on?

That guitar is so unique I love it!

Don't use solvent! Instead, scuff sand it so the paint will have enough roughed up surface to form a bond. Use 400 to 800 grit to lightly sand it.

Spray White in the area where the brand/logo goes. Let it dry for about an hour. Stick your stencils to cover the area which will remain White, spray the Black. Wait an hour, wetsand very lightly the demarcation lines between the White and Black with 1000 to 2000 grit. Then spray your clearcoat.

For spray paint, get Duplicolor colorcoat and clearcoat. It's Acrylic lacquer.

If your stores carry the "old" Krylon, you can use those, too. The "new" Krylon is Enamel and it's not ideal for this application.

BTW, how much did you pay for it?

Good Luck!

^+1 to duplicolor. that stuff is the s***
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Thanks man, Ill follow your method. The stabilzer bar is metal by the way. Would this effect your method?

I paid 150 pounds for it, not bad for a that cost almost 1k brand new.

Quote by Ippon
That guitar is so unique I love it!

Don't use solvent! Instead, scuff sand it so the paint will have enough roughed up surface to form a bond. Use 400 to 800 grit to lightly sand it.

Spray White in the area where the brand/logo goes. Let it dry for about an hour. Stick your stencils to cover the area which will remain White, spray the Black. Wait an hour, wetsand very lightly the demarcation lines between the White and Black with 1000 to 2000 grit. Then spray your clearcoat.

For spray paint, get Duplicolor colorcoat and clearcoat. It's Acrylic lacquer.

If your stores carry the "old" Krylon, you can use those, too. The "new" Krylon is Enamel and it's not ideal for this application.

BTW, how much did you pay for it?

Good Luck!

Quote by TERU
Thanks man, Ill follow your method. The stabilzer bar is metal by the way. Would this effect your method?

I paid 150 pounds for it, not bad for a that cost almost 1k brand new.

Holy virgin mother of !!! Awesome.

As Saxon Marsh mentioned and after checking on eBay, leave it alone if you plan to sell it.

If it's a keeper and you're confident about your skills, the Duplicolor Acryli paint would be perfect ... after all, they use those on cars.