So, basically, I need a job till next summer. Full time. I'm 16, and have just finished my AS level exams.

I was wondering, does anybody work in HMV or ZAVVI or anything like that?
If so, can they tell me how it is, I hopefully wanna work on the counter or something similar.
And, if that's a no go, can anybody recommend anywhere else music related I may be able to get a half decent job?

Thanks.

-Adam-
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Just print out a CV and go and hand it in to all the music shops in your area.

Failing that, go to the Jobcentre. That's what it's there for.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
RED MILITIA FACTION
I've been trying to find some summer work (2/3 through university) with zero luck. I've literally applied to 50 jobs.

Because there's a bit of an economic recession at the moment, it's the poor c*nts like us who get f*cked first.
Quote by Hot_Money420
Guitar Center

Best Buy

We don't have those in the UK.

We have Sound Control, though, which is just as retarded.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
We don't have those in the UK.

We have Sound Control, though, which is just as retarded.

Isn't SC dying out now?
I think you have to be 18 to work on the counter. Because you will be selling things that have an 18 certificate on them no doubt.
Official member of the "UG Senior Citizens Club For People Over 21"
Official member of the "UG Fat Chicks Appreciation Club" (Yeah, no one will probably follow...)

You play guitar.

Having a proper job is beneath you.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
RED MILITIA FACTION
Hand our CV out to everywhere.
Try a Jobcentre?

also, if you have your heart set on a specific little music shop (not a brand one, but a local one, with a small amount of staff) hang out there lots, be nice, helpful, get to know all the people there, and then hint at wanting a job and put out your CV to them. hopefully, if youve been rubbing them up enough, youll get a job. this takes a long while though, and some people find it hard to do it. and it does not work at large brand name stores such as HMV, because of a a big amount of staff for a big shop, and most of the people there will be the same as you, just out of exams and pimple faced, doing little work for their minimal wage.
go work as waiter at a restaurant or bar... they are always hiring ppl at this time of the year (since they are most likely short on personel).
Quote by ledhead67
Dammit, satyphan, you just shat over all my hopes and dreams.
just send your CV off to as many places as possible

or just go into town and look around see if anywhere needs anyone...or go in and ask
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Get a job in a supermarket stacking shelves or being on tills.

I do it, and it's not that bad, at £4.37 an hour Sainsbury's help me to live...ish.

Your pay goes up after 6 months where i am though, so stick with it.
Thanks people. Yeah I'm going around the jobcentre tomorrow, and going in to hand in CV's about. I was just wondering what it was like that's all.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.