Hello There.

I was curious. I know pretty much nothing when it comes to any amps, so I need some help here.

I'm looking for a small (enough) practice amp, all tube, for decently heavy OD, and that's effect-friendly, as I like using them.

Can anyone list something that would be good for this, the size, and the average price?

Thanks.

EDIT: This summer I'm going to be walking around town (small town, main streets and all so I won't get mugged, yay) with some friends, with my guitar and hopefully whatever amp someone suggests. Being able to run on batteries would be a plus.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Last edited by Td_Nights at Jun 8, 2008,
If you're looking for a practice amp with great tone and built in effects, go get a Roland Cube-30. It has 7 different distortions and OD's as well as 6 built in effects such as: Flanger,Chorus,Phaser,Tremolo,delay and Rich reverb. It'll cost between 250 and 300. I've had it for 4 years and honestly, I can't find a better tone for the price. I even record with it because my Peavey Classic 50 doesn't have better tone, even if I hook it up to my Vox tonelab SE.
Quote by .QOTSA.
black heart- all tube from tiny to big, cheap and good quality

+1

As for the roland, i would strongly agree for that as a small practise amp (even the microcube)..but if you're looking for all tube then Black Heart is the one..
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Standard

American Fender Deluxe 70's Vintage

Korg Toneworks AX3000G

Jim Dunlop Classic Crybaby

Peavey Amp (house)/Marshall MG15dfx (school)
Despite it not being Tube, I'm actually learning towards the Microcube just because of what you get for the low price.

However...It's 2 watts? Now I know that doesn't directly translate into the amp's power, but I've heard people talking about how loud it can get. Is it really that much?

I mean, I'll just be on sidestreets and stuff jamming while my friends are doing whatever, so far this sounds good. I just can't see how 2 watts is that loud at all.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by Td_Nights
Despite it not being Tube, I'm actually learning towards the Microcube just because of what you get for the low price.

However...It's 2 watts? Now I know that doesn't directly translate into the amp's power, but I've heard people talking about how loud it can get. Is it really that much?

I mean, I'll just be on sidestreets and stuff jamming while my friends are doing whatever, so far this sounds good. I just can't see how 2 watts is that loud at all.

well, i built a 2 watt solid state amp with a little speaker (2.5" i think... tiny), it is louder than you might think, but i need to rehouse it because its housed in a little plastic box that rattles. It sounds okay though, it actually distorts quite nicely. The Microcube will probably be louder as it's a quality piece of gear, not the product of a lazy student like me
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
You won't find a valve/tube amp that runs on batteries - simply because they need more power than a battery can give.
If you want batteries - microcube.
If you want tube - Blackheart of some kind.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
Quote by pEdAl2
You won't find a valve/tube amp that runs on batteries - simply because they need more power than a battery can give.
If you want batteries - microcube.
If you want tube - Blackheart of some kind.

Thanks, now I know slightly more about amps.

When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me