Page 1 of 4
How many of you have had concert expiriences seeing your favorite band of all time but yet you hate the crowd more than anything?

For me when I went to see Modest Mouse a year ago parts of the crowd didn't know what was going on when they played their old stuff. People were starting fights and began to kill my mood after traveling 200 miles to see them on a school night.

I went and saw Ladytron last night and kept on being harrassed by two gay guys trying to dance with me and kept on asking me all these weird ass questions. (I have nothing against gays btw)

At Built To Spill I had these two british chicks who were drunk as hell spilt beer all over my clothes laughing at me about it.

Just situations like these just kill my mood and make me enjoy the show less and less..
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender 72' Telecaster Custom Deluxe
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

It's obvious I don't like fender at all

HORSE the BAND
i really hate going to see a metal band, but they have a hardcore band opening for them and u get all the hardcore asshole kids in the crowd. god i hate them.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Personally I hate moshing, I want to watch the band and such, so I guess kids who mosh bug me......

*grabs flameshield*
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
Quote by NutZz?
Personally I hate moshing, I want to watch the band and such, so I guess kids who mosh bug me......

*grabs flameshield*

+1

Taste of Chaos in MN, I got pissed at some people who were pushing, not moshing, pushing during A7x's Seize The Day, first off it is a slow song so why mosh? And it also is one of my favorites so I was pissed about getting hit numerous times while trying to listen...

Oh well....I guess that is just asshole concert-goers for you...
Was at a TOOL concert and some kids in the crowd actually moshed during Wings/10000 days, a song about Maynards mother's death.
I mean the guy cried while singing it cause it was her B-Day
Quote by REBAN primusfan
i enjoy getting boners. they make me feel important.

Quote by chubbychunks
George Lucas didn't invent Christianity, although he was a big contributor.
When I saw Buckethead people were moshing to Soothsayer.

Needless to say I was not amused.
I went to see Coheed and Cambria when they happened to be touring with Avenged Sevenfold.

2 totally different bands, 2 EXTREMELY different fan bases.

In general, the Avenged Sevenfold fans were dicks (no offense to you UG AX7 fans) and wouldn't shut up when Coheed and Cambria started performing and acted too cool to cheer when they did their set.

BUT OF COURSE

when Avenged Sevenfold comes on,

they practically shat themselves.

I really don't think it was good thinking on both of the bands behalf to tour together.

Mostly because both of the fans bases are extremely different and they kind of clash. :/

I think even Claudio said once that the fan bases were just really different and they didn't think they would tour with Avenged again because of it.
Last edited by LulzDefender at Jun 8, 2008,
i went to see nightwish end of and era and there were people crying after planet hell. WTF?
oh and at h.a.a.r.p the moshing during time is running out. WHY!!?
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Quote by NutZz?

*grabs flameshield*

it depends, when everyone is just jumping and bumping into each other, thats pretty fun, but these goddamn kids that just go in the pit and do like a fist dance, i just wana knock em out sooooo bad.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
i really hate going to see a metal band, but they have a hardcore band opening for them and u get all the hardcore asshole kids in the crowd. god i hate them.

Name three real hardcore bands. I dare you.
i personally dislike metalhead crowds, not themselfves but their style, actions and dress. I dress slightly, how to put it, "preppy" sometimes or like a "bro", an p eople always give you looks at metal/hardcore shows. Last show i went in a red tommy hilfiger shirt with white stripes and i became a target for scruffy longhaired idiots in the pit. got 4 clotheslines and wa son the ground 6 times. i knocked someone the fuvk out though, inadvertantly but it felt like payback!!
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by Summonancer
Was at a TOOL concert and some kids in the crowd actually moshed during Wings/10000 days, a song about Maynards mother's death.
I mean the guy cried while singing it cause it was her B-Day

Moshing to Tool is really good if the people around you are familiar with the songs!
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
I hate going to shows and I'm one of the oldest there. The rest of the kids don't give a crap about anyone else, are drunk, are a mix of those two, are are just scene hipsters who annoy the people there to support some good music, not some talentless band chugging the low E string for half an hour.
I hate moshing too :p I also hate 2 meter dudes that stands right infront of me...
I hate when entire crowds stand there with their arms crossed...

Because I end up doing it too due to massive peer pressure.

It's okay to do silly dances folks.
Quote by fortysix&2
Moshing to Tool is really good if the people around you are familiar with the songs!

that song is a lighter flashing song though, or in this generation mobile swaying song if u no what a mean
When I went to see Protest the Hero, they played with Chiodos.
Needless to say, I was suffocated by hXc sc3n3st3rs in the pit.
DRINK APPLE JUICE
O.J. will kill you
TS has good music tastes.

There are always mugs at gigs, always.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by Hot_Money420
+1

Taste of Chaos in MN, I got pissed at some people who were pushing, not moshing, pushing during A7x's Seize The Day, first off it is a slow song so why mosh? And it also is one of my favorites so I was pissed about getting hit numerous times while trying to listen...

Oh well....I guess that is just asshole concert-goers for you...

If you go to a show with metal bands there will be moshing...its kind of a traditional activity thats been going on at metal shows for like 30 years...
I don't think that it constitutes calling the people who do this asshole concert-goers

if people aren't really moshing, just trying to pick a fight or do that stuff out of the pit where others are just watching then thats wrong and they are assholes, but if you're near the pit or something than it is only expected that it will happen and it has to be accepted

personally what pisses me off is the hardcore dancing at a metal show and vice versa...there is a place and time and that is not it lol...people tried doing that at the last black dahlia murder show and JFAC show and lets just say there was no more hxc dancing after about 30 seconds haha

another thing that really pisses me off is excessively drunk/high people that get all sweaty and keep bumping into you, spilling drinks on you, hitting you and blowing their ganja smoke in your face when your trying to enjoy the show...they can go to hell
Originally Posted by NAME GOES HERE
Dude, with a name like Cannibal Corpse, what were you expecting? Ponies and rainbows?

i went to my first concert last november.
metal bands were playing and everyone there pissed me off.

i just stood there and listened.
Quote by Ringtone
When I went to see Protest the Hero, they played with Chiodos.
Needless to say, I was suffocated by hXc sc3n3st3rs in the pit.

None of those bands are hardcore.

Seriously, please stop saying hardcore if you don't know like likes of Verse, Champion or Bane.
I hate people who take ****ty quality videos/photos on their phones, when they're in front of me. If you're near the back, you can just see loads of lights in the audience (phones), and it spoils any effect the band are trying to create with lighting.

And then they post it on youtube, where you can't even hear the fricking song, because the sound quality is so awful. What a ****ing waste.

/rant
Quote by x0rsist
i personally dislike metalhead crowds, not themselfves but their style, actions and dress. I dress slightly, how to put it, "preppy" sometimes or like a "bro", an p eople always give you looks at metal/hardcore shows. Last show i went in a red tommy hilfiger shirt with white stripes and i became a target for scruffy longhaired idiots in the pit. got 4 clotheslines and wa son the ground 6 times. i knocked someone the fuvk out though, inadvertantly but it felt like payback!!

sweet...lol

and +1 for admitting to dress "bro"....do you like dave matthews and gamecube?
Dude, with a name like Cannibal Corpse, what were you expecting? Ponies and rainbows?

Quote by NutZz?

*grabs flameshield*

+1000000000000

I'm glad i'm not the only one who feels this way
I'm just there to see the band, not to get shoved around

and why do they allways have to mosh up front?
go where there's no one in your way..
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
funny how A7X keep coming up in this convo...
im a massive A7X fan, so i was gutted when i ended up getting shoved out of the way by a bunch of scene dicks when i was near-ish the front
also, i nearly died when Bloodsimple (who supported them) were playing cus i couldnt breathe, it was that tight
so i ended up watching from the back, which wasnt as bad as i had expected, but i still would've preferred being at the front
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I hate when entire crowds stand there with their arms crossed...

Because I end up doing it too due to massive peer pressure.

It's okay to do silly dances folks.

+1

Quote by Craigo
None of those bands are hardcore.

Seriously, please stop saying hardcore if you don't know like likes of Verse, Champion or Bane.

pwnage - craigo
epic fail - Ringtone

Been to 2 gigs(), green day at MK bowl, which had a good crowd, and Stone Sour, where the crowd was amazing, everyone siging all the way through Bother and Through glass, most the way through the rest of the songs, and there was a small pit for the heavy songs.
Quote by jackfromcs
When I saw Buckethead people were moshing to Soothsayer.

Needless to say I was not amused.

God I really couldn't do that if I wanted to. I'd probably be standing there motionless in awe. I don't know, I'm gonna see Buckethead in July, we'll see how it goes.
Quote by lpguitarplayer3
sweet...lol

and +1 for admitting to dress "bro"....do you like dave matthews and gamecube?

not particularly.

what i was trying to get at is i stick out like a sore thumb sometimes, everyone else is dripping in black or band t shirts.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
When I saw leftover crack play, some of the kids there smelled terrible ha, and also they were playing with World Inferno a band I like, but they really attract a weird following of fans.
Quote by TEK34
Been to 2 gigs(), green day at MK bowl, which had a good crowd, and Stone Sour, where the crowd was amazing, everyone siging all the way through Bother and Through glass, most the way through the rest of the songs, and there was a small pit for the heavy songs.

I saw Stone Sour too and I totally agree...it was amazing, the band, the crowd, the atmosphere

I've only been to a 311 concert and everything was fine. The crowd, I was in the second row, around me was well mannered enough. I think 311 fans are pretty chill though.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
I ****ing love the foo fighters and i really enjoyed wembley yesterday just there were so many wasted fat men who raped you up the arse and moshed like **** coz they couldnt feel pain. But by the end half of them had been taken out for because they were fat pussy or annoying gheys and we managed to settle down and enjoy the show
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...
Quote by GuitarManDan15
I ****ing love the foo fighters and i really enjoyed wembley yesterday just there were so many wasted fat men who raped you up the arse and moshed like **** coz they couldnt feel pain. But by the end half of them had been taken out for because they were fat pussy or annoying gheys and we managed to settle down and enjoy the show

Foo FIghters were great when i watched them earlier this year in perth, aussie, great atmosphere from fans and the band alike
^ I would kill to see the foo fighters lol they're so fuvking good

Page 1 of 4