I was considering making a jem/rg style body and then build the guitar bit by bit over the summer. When i looked at the wirring diagram for the jem777 i noticed u cant play all the pick ups at once or just the two humbuckers. My question is why? would it be worth it to put a 7 way switch (or a rotary switch) in there so that would be possible? or would it just be "too" loud or sound "bad" to play with all the pick ups?

i am not sure if they have done this with other jem models or not...if they have please tell me which model...my apologies if this is a "noob"ish question but when it comes to electronics i rly dnt know anything...any help will be appreciated
FRO POWER!!!
all the pickups would be an interesting combo, i wonder if any wierd cancellations would happen... hmm... try it and let us know!
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by 96' FenderStrat
I was considering making a jem/rg style body and then build the guitar bit by bit over the summer. When i looked at the wirring diagram for the jem777 i noticed u cant play all the pick ups at once or just the two humbuckers. My question is why? would it be worth it to put a 7 way switch (or a rotary switch) in there so that would be possible? or would it just be "too" loud or sound "bad" to play with all the pick ups?

i am not sure if they have done this with other jem models or not...if they have please tell me which model...my apologies if this is a "noob"ish question but when it comes to electronics i rly dnt know anything...any help will be appreciated

More to the point, why would you want to?

The 5 options you get stock are more than you'll ever need. Two humbuckers together is of limited use, obviously it has it's uses on a Les Paul due to the limited options but the whole point of going HSH is that it's more versatile. All 3 pickups together would be pointless.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
More to the point, why would you want to?

The 5 options you get stock are more than you'll ever need. Two humbuckers together is of limited use, obviously it has it's uses on a Les Paul due to the limited options but the whole point of going HSH is that it's more versatile. All 3 pickups together would be pointless.

Elaborate alittle more and tell me why it would be "pointless". You just said two humbuckers has "limited options" and then you also said, "the whole point of going HSH is that it's more versatile". So, wouldn't all 3 pickups together be even more versatile? Even if the stock combo for HSH is versatile enough, wouldn't using all 3 pickups in the HSH configuration add something more to your sound?

EDIT: Also if 2 humbuckers has worked on a les paul for over 50 years, why wouldn't you want to have that combination in your armory? So what if HSH is more versatile, tell that to all the LP and SG players and for me, I wouldn't mind having that option just incase i ever felt the urge to use it. I agree it may not be needed but hey, I wouldn't mind having it.
FRO POWER!!!
Last edited by 96' FenderStrat at Jun 8, 2008,
I've just had a new idea...instead of modding it so i can have the 2 humbuckers and all 3 pick ups at once id like to have it, bridge humbucker (both coils) middle pick up and neck humbucker (both coils) middle pick up...anyone have any idea how i would go about wiring it like this?

the stock wiring for a jem is:

1 Position is the Bridge Humbucker.

2 Position is the Inside Bridge coil and Middle

3 Position is the Middle

4 Position is the Inside Neck coil and the Middle

5 Position is the Neck Humbucker

id like to make it as:

1 Position is the Bridge Humbucker.

2 Position is the Inside Bridge coil and Middle

3 Position the Bridge Humbucker (both coils) and Middle

4 Position is the Middle

5 Position is the Inside Neck coil and the Middle

6 Position the Neck Humbucker (both coils) and the Middle

7 Position is the Neck Humbucker
FRO POWER!!!
Last edited by 96' FenderStrat at Jun 8, 2008,
thaaat might take a couple more wires than a standard humbucker or single coil has, now that i think about it... some pickups come with the proper wires to be split, but thinking about this is much too complex for my tired, lazy weekend brain.

good luck
------

Shwiggity.
It would probably be muddy as all hell. Seems pointless to me really.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
You know, you can get the combinations you want by replacing the automatic coil splits with a push/pull pot to split both humbuckers.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
1 - you won't find a suitable selector in a blade switch. 5 positions, max.
2 - you could do a "neck-on" switch to add the neck to whatever selection you have on the 5-way.
3 - having a coil split, either one switch to split both or separates for each.
4 - having all 3 pickups on at once won't sound muddy.
complex, yes but not muddy. especially when the HBs are split.
adding more pickups in parallel decreases the inductance.
inductance is where the mud comes from.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.