Okay, I've started modding my Squire Affinity Strat and, now that I have decent pups, I want to install a Floyd. My question is, if I just do an EVH style Floyd that only lowers the pitch, would I still have to do some re-routing?
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Why go with a floyd if your just want to be able to dive. You would want a locking nut to go with a floyd. And a good floyd will cost more than the guitar did. Way better to put your floyd budget toward a guitar that comes with a floyd. Not knocking squier guitars I have one to but just not a good thing to spend a ton of money on mods.
I've actually decided against the Floyd, it'd be fun but seriously, I wouldn't use it enough to justify the cost. The reason I'm putting some money in it is because it has an alder body without any flaws.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Get a used one, as they can be had cheap. To install, all you need is a 1/2" drill, dremel, and patience.
what, exactly would you need to route out? Sorry, I'm a noob when it comes to trems.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Quote by classicrocker01
what, exactly would you need to route out? Sorry, I'm a noob when it comes to trems.

A shelf for the locking nut.
Okay, but what about on the actual bridge itself?
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Quote by classicrocker01
Okay, but what about on the actual bridge itself?

If you wanted to do EVH style, it would be non recessed and for the most part dive only (unless you really know how to set up a guitar and set it angled up slightly and not parallel, but unless you know what you're doing, don't do this as it can be hard to maintain.). then you would to drill holes for the studs for th eFR posts. Then, done!
It's that easy? cool. I'm just going to go ahead and get a new neck already cut for a floyd, the squire neck would be hard to find a nut for. thanks
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75