Okay, this is my very last thread I'll post about which delay I should get.

I plan on going to the San Jose Guitar Center today and I want to buy a delay. My budget right now is ~$112 USD.

Right now, there are only three delays that I am aware of that fit under that price point:

Boss DD-6 Digital Delay (Used, Good Condition)

Ibanez AD9 Analog Delay (Also Used, Also in Good Conidtion)

Electro-Harmonix #1 Echo Digital Delay (New)

The #1 Echo is available at both the San Jose and Gilroy GCs, and that would probably spend all my money, like the DD-6 would. If I get the AD9 I could probably get an extra pedal cable and perhaps a power supply.

I would use it mostly for rockabilly, psychobilly, and surf, meaning slapback to echo that would match the tons of reverb I use in surf. Opinions?
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
I'd rule out the DD6 to be honest, it sounds way too digital to be useful for slapback. Just try the other two out and see which you prefer.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I'm always skeptical on the Boss pedals, too, but I still post them on the off chance someone likes them.

I also plan to test them, I just don't know how much time I'll have in the store to do that (my little brother's likea month old and my mom would have to carry him, pls he could get all cranky).
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Hey man...

What about the Fab slap Echo.
It's way cheap and can't really be used for anything else then Slapback Delay.
But it sound sweet ....

Check the UG review and the sound sample
you can get a used MXR carbon copy for like 100$.
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
^ I know, but I don't think anywhere reasonably close to me has a used one. I'll check, though...
Quote by Pauldapro
dd-7 would rule for longer delay stuff, but if you're doing a lot of slap back than i would say the #1 echo
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Get the AD-9. It's a pretty awesome pedal.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
For what you want, the AD9 will be great. I dunno about the #1 Echo, it'll probably be good. Not the DD-6 though.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Well, they didn't have the AD9, and I didn't really look for the DD-6, but I don't think it was there. I bought the last #1 Echo in stock, and I love it.

Thanks!
Quote by Pauldapro
Dd-6!
Fender Telecaster Thin Line

(For playing fusion as a solo project)
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Vox Wah
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Mxr Phase 90
Electro Harmonix Small Clone
Boss DD6 Digital Delay
...?

I already bought the #1 Echo.
Quote by Pauldapro
Quote by Chris_Parker
...?

I already bought the #1 Echo.

Good move!

I like how you still have your Mike.h Mystery stuff.
Save up another 20 bucks and get you an MXR Carbon Copy. They're great, and new at 140. It's also Analog Delay too. Look at the pro guitar shops demo on youtube, and try it yourself.
Fender American Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Standard
79 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Suhr Pro Series S5
Ovation Custom Balladeer
Mesa Boogie Mark IV with 4x12 Recto Cab
Looking for Ibanez RGA model or Petrucci PM me for details
Are people purposely just saying this to look funny or something? I already bought the #1 Echo (thanks, spine). I'm sure I would have loved the CC, but I've already bought this and love it to death.

So there's no more need for this thread, but thanks for your imput anyway, I guess.
Quote by Pauldapro