Hey guys, I was bored and I decided to take my personal exercise file for GP, add descriptions and advice for some of the patterns, and put it up for anyone who wants some new exercises and is up for a challenge .

These make great exercises, but I tried to stay away from chromatics and other stuff, and a lot of these are based off of songs I was trying to learn, so the result is that all of these are very listenable and are great licks to have down. They all work various aspects of playing. Alternate picking, sweeping, legato, strange picking patterns, string skipping, and a few other unnamed things are covered.

Sorry if the picking patterns on some seem unconventional. Like I said, these are things that I made up and practice, and they reflect my style of playing. Even if you don't like those there's a lot of great cliche exercises in there that you might find some use for.

Cheers.
Attachments:
Random Excercises and Licks.zip
Thanks, these are pretty good exercises. People should do this more often.

Cheers

EDIT: In fact, this could be made the submit-an-exercise thread!
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Last edited by Psychedelico at Jun 8, 2008,
That's not a bad idea! We're always talking about practicing patterns with a metronome- why not have a thread that provides exercises?
Hmm sounds like a plan. I've got some I use if someone tells me how to add a file attatchment to a post XD
Great stuff! I've been looking for things like this lately.

Thanks!
When I get back from some resort place that I'm going to for two days I'll try to fiddle with guitar pro and put up some exercises
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you