Hey my band has a lead and a rhythm guitarist. But whenever we play songs together the sound basically comes out pretty muddy and its like a cluster of noise. Its not that we're bad guitarist its just that our settings don't seem to go well. Do you guys have any advice about what settings on our amps each guitar should have. I know its kind of weird question but any advice is appreciated.
^ This.
What amp(s) do you guys use?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
oh i use a crate and he uses a fender
i'm the lead and hes the rhythm
muddy? Fender? Oh no... its not a Frontman is it?
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Ill pretty much re-iterate whats been said already -
Cut your bass a lil.
Boost your mids (Its cool for sounding like those metal bands against a record but you get lost in the mix live).
Dont go crazy on the treble.
Back the gain off a little.
Your best bet is to turn all your E.Q to halfway then tweak until you get the sound your after.

Im not sure of the amps you have exactly, but if they are solid state, your best bet is to go for a tube as they sound better at high volumes. Or even better solid states with more wattage. I hear bad things about Crates in general and if its the Fender Frontman series, ive got experience and know they arent so great at high volumes.

However, try my tips before you search for new amps or w/e.

Also any pedals you have, tweak them. Getting the perfect sound is all about tweaking. It can take years though. Ive been playing for three and im *still* tweaking now. And probably will for years to come.
i know some crates only have i EQ control on dist.channel
dont crank it..its a scoop control(if u have the amp i'm thinking of)...try it between 12-3 oclock
somewhere in there
its been a while since i had a crate... i dont really remember how it sounds
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
i have a crate, great for jammin some blues or kinda jazzy stuff.... it's not loud enough for metal though
turn up the mids in the lead guitar a bit more than in the rithym one
and the rythim one should be a bit more bassier
something like this works for me

lead
treble 3
mid 6
bass 4

rhitym
treble 2
mid 4
bass 5

somethin similar to those settings should work, if not just keep looking for some good settings
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400