Earlier I saw this kid who said he was going to learn all of Stadium Arcadium. That got me thinking. Since Guns N Roses is my favorite band. Im going to learn the whole appetite for destruction album. My question is what do you think the easiest and hardest song to learn will be? Just so I know where to start.
why not start from the first song?
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
I agree with Rhysm. Start from the first and work your way to the top. If you go by easiest to hardest, youll get snagged and discouraged. That, or youll be expecting thigns too easy. Its like a math test. If you skip all the hard and come back to them, your mind is already fried. If you do them all in order, you're done before you know it and its all equally difficult in your mind.

Good luck man! It sounds like a good task that I might try myself.
Because I would rather start with the hardest song just to get it out of the way....plus I already know a lot of welcome to the jungle.
Are you going to do it by ear or by tab. Either way you can do it in order but if you want to practice your ear put the album on repeat and try and pick up what you can from each song as it goes. So play through play you get a little more on each one but you never focus on one song so long you get bored. Thats what works for me though it might not be your cup of tea.
'62 reissue Mexican Fender Stratocaster.

Fender Blues Junior

Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Electro Harmonix NYC Big Muff
Ibanez TS9 tube screamer
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
Electro Harmonix Micro P.O.G
Ibanez DE7 Delay
I will probally use a tab, but also go by ear. Meaning that if it doesnt sound right I will figure it out on my own.
Just do it in order. That way, as you get further into the task, you will be able to play along with the album further and further. It'll be motivating!
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
don't use tabs. i don't think any of the guitar heroes used tabs, so why should you? you're not gonna learn a lot more by learning them by ear.
Quote by jAzZMataZz
don't use tabs. i don't think any of the guitar heroes used tabs, so why should you? you're not gonna learn a lot more by learning them by ear.

How many of "the guitar heroes" got famous by playing complete albums by other bands?

Not saying you shouldn't, as it is a good idea, just saying use tabs if you need to.
start with the easiest parts you can play, then go on to the next easiest parts.

if you try and take too big of a step, you might not stay with it
I am asking what you guys think the hardest song is because I want to learn that first then I will go in order. It is a relief when you dont have to spend an insane amount of time learning the hardest one so I will do that first.
Quote by Briddell
I am asking what you guys think the hardest song is because I want to learn that first then I will go in order. It is a relief when you dont have to spend an insane amount of time learning the hardest one so I will do that first.

paradise city gave me hell
but thats mostly cause the intro riff doesnt sound right unless played perfeclty
so its hard to practice slow and build speed slowly
dont know about any of the other songs though
Yeah I know all of Paradise City except for the solo at the end. But you are right about the intro. I had to do a lot of research to find out how it is played correctly.
Quote by Kurapica
Just do it in order. That way, as you get further into the task, you will be able to play along with the album further and further. It'll be motivating!

this is a good idea actually. ive been trying to learn modest mouses "this is a long drive for someone with nothing to think about" album and up till now ive just sporadically picked songs here and there to learn off it.

i always end up getting sidetracked playing other songs tho so hopefully this helps
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by Briddell
Earlier I saw this kid who said he was going to learn all of Stadium Arcadium. That got me thinking. Since Guns N Roses is my favorite band. Im going to learn the whole appetite for destruction album. My question is what do you think the easiest and hardest song to learn will be? Just so I know where to start.

Hey, that was me (unless somebody else posted that same thing)
What Im doing is going from start to finish. Dont worry about perfecting each one right away, and just keep playing them often and the perfection will come.
Last edited by AlskiOverload at Jun 8, 2008,
Oh haha thanks for the inspiration.....btw you shouldnt have much trouble with Stadium Arcadium, but good luck anyway.
Quote by voteforpedro36
How many of "the guitar heroes" got famous by playing complete albums by other bands?

Not saying you shouldn't, as it is a good idea, just saying use tabs if you need to.

pretty much everyone?
Great idea!
I'm about halfway through Lateralus at the moment, its gret craic to throw it on and play with, much better than random songs.

A friend of mine learnt Dark side of the moon by ear, very impressive stuff.
Last edited by Devvo at Jun 10, 2008,
Quote by voteforpedro36

Trey Anastasio and all of Phish on Halloween concerts
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in you sig if you like bagels.