A couple weeks ago I made a thread on how my dog was sick. Well, we had to get him put down today after he had a stroke. Does anyone have any tips on coping? That would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Quote by Broadsword
I posted this in the last one, but yeah, some old dude in a McDonalds in Alabama called me an aardvark.

Sorry to hear that, man. Just keep reminding yourself it was for the better since he was very sick.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Get a new dog

or even better...

A LOLCAT!
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
That's sucks man. All I can say is take solace in the fact that your dog is no longer in pain. After a few weeks (or when you feel ready) getting a new pet helps a lot with coping.
Sorry to hear that. When my dog got pancreatic cancer, it wasn't easy to cope especially since she died while we were on the sofa.
Seeing someone in its death throes is hard.

Just remember all the good times, it won't hurt so bad after a while.
Usually if you get a new dog you will forget about him dieing and only remeber when you use to do stuff with him.
Quote by ctb
remember the good times.

Yeah, good advice.

I remember when my cat died..
sup?
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
im sorry to hear that, when my fish died, a part of me died.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha

lolapalooza!

a fish?
write a blues song on how your dog died...
Quote by elliott FTW
I LOVE YOU SLOGANKID
silly racist bitch finally kicked the bucket

My dog died too. A while ago though. It was chasing a bee, and it got its hear stuck in the fence, and then it turned its head....and well. You can guess what happened.
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss man. I've never had a dog before but I definitely feel your pain actually. Remember the good times and keep in mind he's in dog heaven now having a great time with the other awesome dogs up there he's in a better place

My Gear:

Ibanez RG450LTDBC
Boss GT-8
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Behringer guitar
Behringer V-Tone GM108 Amp
...and my fingers.

Quote by unfathomable_bo
At a Nile gig when some guy shouted "Egypt is gay!"

^^
sorry to hear that , and for those making jokes, grow up a bit ..
Manchester United
Real sorry man. If my dog died I would probably just cry for days. I remember my other dog died in 4th grade but I wasn't as attached to that one.
Quote by k4rma
My dog died too. A while ago though. It was chasing a bee, and it got its hear stuck in the fence, and then it turned its head....and well. You can guess what happened.

no i cant what happend?
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Fendi Shoes is actually extremely advantageous.
Maybe this will help. And my condolances.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Author unknown...
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
srry man =(

but you really should get a new doggy =] a young one too so that it lives for longer
Epiphone: Les paul Custom SB
Line Six Spider III 15
70$ wal-mart brand acoustic

Quote by black amendment
You're awesome, dude.
If you get a new dog, it really helps you cope. You'll be over it soon enough, and just remember that it's better that it happened like that than with a prolonged period of suffering.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
Quote by gigi666
HAHA owned.

that isnt really nice =(
Epiphone: Les paul Custom SB
Line Six Spider III 15
70$ wal-mart brand acoustic

Quote by black amendment
You're awesome, dude.
Quote by gigi666
I'm an asshole with shit dribbling down my chin.

Fixed
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by RubberPuppiessu
Get a new dog

or even better...

A LOLCAT!

wtf is a LOLCAT

oh and on topic, im sad to hear that.

my dog died about 3 years ago. i didnt know life without him because he was about as old as me when he died and we had him since a puppy. that was one of the saddest days in my life :\

my condolences
PSN name = Barmanation
Last edited by WantToLearn at Jun 8, 2008,
Quote by blackflag49
Here I thought I was over the death of my first dog, over 10 years ago, and you have to post this..

Hope is often sad. I'm sorry didn't mean to bring you down.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Yeah, the people who came to spam can go and die a violent and premature death.

Really sorry to hear about that TS, one of my dogs died in August last year. There still isn't a day goes by that I don't miss her.
When my dog died I basically tried to preserve the memories as much as possible because I didn't want to forget anything. I gathered photos, went through family videos, and wrote down every memory I could think of. I think I was afraid of my friend becoming just a distant memory instead of a living breathing animal.
Sorry to hear about your dog. My cat died like a month ago and I cried for like 2 days straight. I never knew how much she meant to me. Anyways, this poem helped me out a lot, maybe it'll help you too.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...