I recently got an Affinity strat. It has 10's on it and they seem a bit tight on the nut.

What is the standard (from the factory) string size for a Strat? 10's or 9's?
Epiphone G400 Cherry
Ibanez GSA60 Jewel Blue
Jasmine S35
Squire Affinity Strat
Roland Micro Cube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Cry Baby

Ibanez GSR200FM
9s
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Fender ships guitars with .09's, I think. I, personally, like .11's on strats and teles, but drop to .09's if it's more comfey for you.
i just put 11s on it and the nut broke the wood. And I had 11s on it before, set up correctly...
Quote by elliott FTW
I LOVE YOU SLOGANKID
silly racist bitch finally kicked the bucket

Ok guys, thanks for the replies. 9's it is!

I am actually having the nut replaced because it looks like the previous owner monkeyed with it and f'ed it up as the 5th string sits really low in the nut and buzzes if I play it moderately. The others seem a bit low too when compared to a new Affinity.

I left the guitar at a local shop yesterday with a new set of 9's, then I thought to myself that I really wasn't sure if 9's where the correct (factory) strings... I guess it really doesn't matter, but I wanted it set back up to factory specs. I am weird like that I guess.

My Ibanez came with 9's. My Epiphone G400 came with 10's. I didn't really notice a difference between them until I hadn't played my Ibanez for a couple of months. When I played it, bending notes was a lot easier.
Epiphone G400 Cherry
Ibanez GSA60 Jewel Blue
Jasmine S35
Squire Affinity Strat
Roland Micro Cube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Cry Baby

Ibanez GSR200FM
Quote by slogankid1
i just put 11s on it and the nut broke the wood. And I had 11s on it before, set up correctly...

What wood broke? Around the nut area?

Sorry to hear that man...
Epiphone G400 Cherry
Ibanez GSA60 Jewel Blue
Jasmine S35
Squire Affinity Strat
Roland Micro Cube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Cry Baby

Ibanez GSR200FM