Damn, I forgot how good of a movie this was. It really changed the movie drastically seeing for the second time and understanding a lot more of the nuances. I really love those movies that have a lot of hidden messages and ideas you have to think about and ponder upon. Anyone else enjoy this movie aswell?
|
amazing movie. i think they showed too much of the monster tho. think of Alien. one of the greatest movies of all time, and u only see the damn thing for 30 seconds throughout the whole movie. still great though.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
I remember when it was in the theatres, me and my friends saw it like 5 times.
LARGE TEXT
did you see the monster at the very end? when it flashes back to the original video at coney island and the camera just watches the water for a time, the monster splashes into the water. pretty cool. hopefully you didn't know this already. if you did, sorry.
Quote by voodoo_child320
did you see the monster at the very end? when it flashes back to the original video at coney island and the camera just watches the water for a time, the monster splashes into the water. pretty cool. hopefully you didn't know this already. if you did, sorry.

You need to read up more on the backstory.

The monster actually came from beneath the ocean.
LARGE TEXT
That was a pretty good movie. They took what could've been a totally lame concept and made it work pretty brilliantly.
What I hated about it is that you know NOTHING about the monster. I only really enjoy horror movies if you get a back story......in the end all I got was a close up of the damn things face

Did you guys know that the monster is a baby?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by voodoo_child320

Ya but it was a satellite from space that woke up the monster.
|
I found the ending rather unsatisfactory.

Also the main storyline regarding the characters was just stupid really IMO.
Quote by Holy.
You need to read up more on the backstory.

The monster actually came from beneath the ocean.

no, he's right. at the very end when it shows the dude and his girlfriend by the ocean. if you look closely at the water at the top right of the screen, you can just barely see something fall and splash into the water.
Quote by !normajean!
no, he's right. at the very end when it shows the dude and his girlfriend by the ocean. if you look closely at the water at the top right of the screen, you can just barely see something fall and splash into the water.

As has been said, that's a satellite.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
dam good movie

Quote by !normajean!
it was a satellite?
disregard my last post.
how do you know it was a satellite? did it say that on the dvd?

One of the companies in the viral marketing campaign said they had lost a satellite i think, im guessing it awoke the monster when it hit the ocean floor after coming out of orbit or something.

Did anyone watch the Jamie and Teddy videos? There is sooo much of a backstory to this film and so many theories i find it all impossible to follow lol.

The film itself was great though
Last edited by TheHereAway at Jun 8, 2008,
I really really liked it, and I like how theres more to the story than just the movie, along with all the hidden stuff
I didn't like it simply because the only way I found out anything about the monster and interesting things about the movie was through the internet. If they would explained some of it in the movie I would have liked it more. I was expecting the ending to be amazing and make the whole movie make sense, but instead

**SPOILERS**

the people just die, and there didn't seem like there was a point to the movie other than just seeing a cool monster
Quote by scorpion618^
I didn't like it simply because the only way I found out anything about the monster and interesting things about the movie was through the internet. If they would explained some of it in the movie I would have liked it more. I was expecting the ending to be amazing and make the whole movie make sense, but instead

**SPOILERS**

the people just die, and there didn't seem like there was a point to the movie other than just seeing a cool monster

I can't help but fell you've missed the point of the film altogether. You were supposed to find out everything through the internet. The film makers set up websites, fictional news reports etc. all over the web about the companies that are featured and mentioned in the film.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by -February-Star-
I can't help but fell you've missed the point of the film altogether. You were supposed to find out everything through the internet. The film makers set up websites, fictional news reports etc. all over the web about the companies that are featured and mentioned in the film.

I know that that was the point. I just think that's kind of dumb. I like to watch a movie and be able to just think about the movie and understand it. I don't really understand why they wanted to make you go on a scavenger hunt for an explanation.

That being said, I didn't think to movie was bad. I thought it was very engaging and I enjoyed it as I was watching it, but afterwards, I didn't like it.
Quote by scorpion618^
I know that that was the point. I just think that's kind of dumb. I like to watch a movie and be able to just think about the movie and understand it. I don't really understand why they wanted to make you go on a scavenger hunt for an explanation.

That being said, I didn't think to movie was bad. I thought it was very engaging and I enjoyed it as I was watching it, but afterwards, I didn't like it.

I like it because there are too many movies where you go in, theres a problem, it gets solved, and thats the end of that and you never hear about that movie again.

This one actually makes you curious about what happened...

Thats the way i like my movies
Quote by The Spoon
I like it because there are too many movies where you go in, theres a problem, it gets solved, and thats the end of that and you never hear about that movie again.

Now that you say it this way, I makes more sense why you like it. I just personally didn't enjoy that, I guess.
They need to make a sequel where the mother comes out of hiding after they get the city all built back up, and then have a destruction fest again

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by !normajean!
it was a satellite?
disregard my last post.
how do you know it was a satellite? did it say that on the dvd?

Well there's a massive thread here with all the rumours and backstory
anyone have any reference to the back story?
very interested lol
thanks
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
I had to watch it at a friend's house. I absolutely hated it. Hidden messages, hah.
♥xx♥

That's cool that people liked it. I liked it too, but the people I went with hated it.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
im not gonna lie, that movie sucked on my balls and then came back for seconds.....
Do you play Starcraft 2? Well then you should add Moderas character code: 933!
I thought it was pretty rubbish. Poor acting, unsympathetic characters, atrocious storyline and ending. The special effects were the only thing that made it worth watching but once you got over the shock of that it got pretty damn boring in my opinion.
I've never seen it. And seeing as i don't have a massive TV and surround sound i doubt i will.
Quote by radio_schizo
I thought it was pretty rubbish. Poor acting, unsympathetic characters, atrocious storyline and ending. The special effects were the only thing that made it worth watching but once you got over the shock of that it got pretty damn boring in my opinion.

This.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory