Hey,
I am going to buy some new strings for both of my guitars, most likely Ernie Ball Slinkys. The only problem is I don't know what gauge my strings are, I want to replace the strings with the same gauge as before. My guitars are

Squier Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Special II

Cheers for any help.
Squier Stratocaster
Marshall MG30DFX

Gear Fund - £97
Im assuming that this will be the first time you've changed your strings since getting the guitar? I assume this as you dont know what gauge. Your best bet is to go with gauge 10's, as these are pretty standard for most new guitars. Although i have had 9's on a ne wone before. There isnt a big difference between them though and your intonation wont be mucked up or anything so yeah.
The Epi is fixed bridge too so theres no muckin around with tremolo or anything.

Id go for the Gauge 10's as they are your best bet.
yes, but remember if you are chaning gauges you have to modify the truss rod. and ye your gauge is probly the deafault 0.10 - 0.46
thanks
Squier Stratocaster
Marshall MG30DFX

Gear Fund - £97
Ive never had to adjust the truss rod changing strings yet. Perhaps if i move up to 11's i will, but 9's to 10's no real need and 10's to 10's again no need. In my expereince that is.

Remember to give your strings a good stretch when you change them, to encourage tuning stability.
I bought some Ernie Ball Super Slinky's today
.9 - .42
Everything seems fine but my high E is having trouble staying in tune. Cheers for all the help
Squier Stratocaster
Marshall MG30DFX

Gear Fund - £97