Well, I was recently learning the tapping part to The Forgotten by Joe Satriani, and I realized that the sound was completely off. If I play the notes normally, it sounds as it should, but when I tap it, the sound is completely off, more of a mix of a very low sound and a very high sound.
What could be wrong here, intonation, something else? I'm a n00b when it comes to problems on my guitar.
I don't need a sig....
were you playing through an amp or not? if you arent playing through and amp and you tap you get the notes from both sides of the fret
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
Yeah, if you're not playing through an amp, you're getting sound from both sides of the fret, so if that's the problem, then just plug in to an amp.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

How do normal hammer-ons and pull-offs sound (without picking just doing left hand legato)?

If they sound ok you may need to develop calluses on your tapping finger/s because soft skin on the finger tips can actually mute the sound. Try tapping using your pick everytime the right hand taps; if it sounds ok that way I bet it is the callus needing to be built up.
maybe he uses a whammy pedal??

that could explain the mix of very low and very high sounds..

i havent heard the song...
MD5K
IBANEZ